Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Digital Product Manager to deliver on the promise that RTR fits seamlessly into our customers’ lives. You will build self-service tools that alleviate customer anxiety by enabling users to get the information they need and to make changes to their account on their own time, including order updates, membership settings, communication preferences, etc. You will be our customers’ biggest advocate, and your roadmap will reflect that through products that drive customer value and improve operational efficiency. Your key metrics for success will be reduction in inbound volume to CX and reduction in subscriber churn.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the first dedicated Self-Service team at RTR- build products that improve customer experience with particular focus on increased order transparency, membership account changes, personalized communications, etc.
- Drive measurable improvements to the customer experience and our Operation by becoming an expert in our proprietary logistics platform.
- Collaborate with business owners to develop a roadmap that meets objectives, creates experiences that delight and empower users, and cuts operational costs.
- Maintain a robust backlog, breaking projects into attainable milestones with MVP deliverables
- Lead cross-functional teams through the agile execution process from conception, requirements gathering, UX design, development, and testing through to launch
- Synthesize coherent product requirements that provide clarity, focus and prioritization to complex problems
- Define, monitor and measure launched products to maintain a tight learning loop that leverages qualitative insights from user research as well as quantitative results from testing in order to continually inform the product development process
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the user - both the Rent the Runway customer and our internal business users.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve the user experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field.
- 3+ years product management experience in a consumer-facing role.
- You are passionate about creating products that improve the customer experience.
- You are analytical. You can break complex problems down to their constituent parts.
- You are empathetic. You can imagine how different members might experience a feature.
- You get it done. You have an ability to make things happen around you.
- You love to launch experiments. You can build larger learnings through principled A/B testing.
- You communicate well. From engineers to executives, you know how talk AND how to listen.
- You’re technical enough. You understand what it takes to build and maintain scaled applications and you are comfortable facilitating and participating in the architectural and technical decisions.
- You love our members. You are obsessed with delighting consumers in new ways and you are comfortable and energized by uncharted problems.
- You are unflappable. You are flexible and able to adjust and change direction as the business environment and technology universe evolves and changes.
- You thrive in change. You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a passion for disruption.
- Experience at an e-commerce company with supply chain systems a plus.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need