Product Manager at Narrativ
Narrativ is an early stage startup building a next generation product recommendation platform. We build technology for brands to measure, compare and optimize their fastest growing recommendation channel -- commerce publishers.
Shoppers are asking the Internet personal, nuanced questions from “What are the best shoes for a second round interview?” to “What is the best pillowcase to prevent hair loss?” Commerce publishers like The New York Times’ Wirecutter and Allure produce the best recommendations that answer these questions -- an unmined data source with the potential to transform a $175bn digital economy.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology mines and organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We built a product graph featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data, making it the largest database of products matched to product recommendation.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: We’re a diverse team -- with experience from McKinsey to Dropbox, Bloomberg to Glossier -- that’s doubling in size over the next year.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better Internet for shoppers.
How you'll contribute:
- Working with the Product Team and stakeholders on Narrativ’s product strategy and roadmap
- Planning and conducting customer research to plan and scope initiatives
- Partnering with designers to create thoughtful user experiences
- Creating a strong lean product management discipline and to ensure the team’s success: product brief, value proposition, KPIs, assumptions, milestones, dependencies, etc.
- Creating product marketing collateral to educate internal and external users on the value of the products we are building and how they fit into our long-term vision
- Degree in a scientific or technical field e.g., computer science, engineering
- 2+ years experience managing and building digital products from inception through launch
- Knowledgeable about lean product development methodologies and business intelligence concepts
- Experience working closely and collaboratively across multiple functions (leadership, engineering, design, business etc.) to ensure what we build is tied to real world business outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to shape our product trajectory and grow our product team
- Experience in managing platforms in complex ecosystems, such as ad tech (e.g., Google, AppNexus, OpenX), social enterprise platforms (LinkedIn, Unified Social, Wildfire) , media platforms (Spotify, YouTube, Netflix), eCommerce platforms (Amazon)
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.