Product Manager at Summer
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We’re registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, and QED Investors—and our first partner is Yale University.
At Summer, your mission will be to deliver new features and product advancements that improve student loan borrower outcomes. You will work closely with the Chief Product Officer along with the Design, Engineer, and Analytics team to develop Summer’s recommendation engine that ensures student loan borrowers are placed in the optimal repayment plan. Your responsibilities include:
- Collaborate cross-team to take new product features from ideation through launch and iteration
- Manage timelines using agile methodologies
- Coordinate closely with engineers and designers to ship high-quality, user-centric experiences
- Maintain a clean, focused, and articulate backlog with precise value propositions and priorities
- Provide company-wide transparency for our product strategy and roadmap
- Manage product launches, and define and track KPIs to measure success and identify ongoing improvements
- Generate insights from the data while also managing qualitative feedback from borrowers
We are seeking a Product Manager with 3-5 years of experience in tech product management, preferably including time at an early-stage startup. We will be evaluating your track record of leading product builds from ideation through the full product lifecycle. An eye for UX/UI design as well as an understanding of technical concepts are also important given your leadership role internally—mobile app experience is a plus as well. Finally, we are excited to work with teammates who are equally passionate about applying their talents to tackle a major social issue of our time.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!