We’re looking for an exceptional Product Manager to accelerate our ongoing digital evolution, grow new revenue streams, and build out strategic products and services for AlphaSights.
About the Role
Product Managers at AlphaSights tackle an incredibly diverse set of challenges and opportunities. From figuring out how to seamlessly pay experts across 120 countries in almost any currency, to building the digital workflow and automatic process behind new language services that have grown by 200% quarter over quarter, PMs have a huge impact on the growth of the company and the broader knowledge search industry. In this role, you will help drive the ideation, development, and launch of new technology that supercharges our ability to do this at scale.
You'll be working closely with Engineering and our New Service Innovation team to scope, build, launch, and scale new, revenue-generating products and services at AlphaSights, applying your problem-solving and creative skills to deliver value to clients, experts, and internal users. You’ll have significant autonomy to define how you execute your role and the ability to influence how the growing Product team works at AlphaSights. It’s a great opportunity for a driven individual to take the next step in his or her Product career.
We are defining an industry at the intersection of human capital and technological innovation, pushing the boundaries of how we acquire and share knowledge to drive progress for business and society. From investors to corporate strategists, business-builders to social entrepreneurs, our clients are innovators and decision-makers spanning every industry and geography. Though their pursuits differ, they share a common need: to converge data, ideas, and earned wisdom to navigate competitive and rapidly-evolving markets.
Leveraging relevant industry data and our proprietary knowledge search technology powered by the latest in machine learning, natural language processing, and data science, we connect people to the insights they need to make smarter decisions. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs 600+ professionals in nine offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Product Operationalization: Demonstrate strong service design skills with the ability to conceive of, integrate, launch, and scale the processes that underpin new revenue-generating service and product lines – from scratch. This includes liaising effectively across the business and with 3rd party suppliers to do so.
- Vision & Strategy - Set a vision and strategy for your product. You must clearly articulate the business value so your team understands the intent behind the new product or feature and what success looks like.
- Discovery & Roadmap - Research, curate, define and prioritize the most relevant ideas to achieve key objectives for the product line and business. You’ll partner with design to conduct extensive discovery using both qualitative and quantitative research methods, such as user interviews, journey mapping, and data analysis. The roadmap is the expression of your strategy, and the user experience must always be top of mind.
- Feature Definition - Understand the key user needs and business requirements behind each initiative and distil them into concrete requirements, in the form of a prioritized backlog, for the development team. You are responsible for articulating the ‘what’ and working with engineering to determine the ‘how’ and ‘when’ to build what matters.
- Release Management - Manage features and dependencies across releases and other product teams, including releases with phases and milestones. Contribute to planning sessions, retrospectives, and other Agile meetings in partnership with engineering.
- Go-to-Market and Commercialization - Develop, test and expand techniques and methods to increase product adoption. Working with New Service Innovation requires you to think about both internal users but also AlphaSights clients. Lead seamless product rollouts, including coordination of necessary documentation and training for impacted users. You’ll be the main resource for the rest of the organization when deep product expertise is required. This includes supporting the teams that help bring the product to market, including client services, marketing, and operations.
- Executive Communication - Communicate and present ideas and updates to senior leadership across the business. Define, measure, and monitor KPIs, ensuring we're always heading in the right direction and can demonstrate success to our stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- 2-4 years of product management experience
- Love tackling complex problems in ambiguous environments and have the grit and creativity to get to a great solution
- Are not satisfied until you get to the source of a given problem and consider every possible edge case
- Demonstrate the ability to develop exceptional user experiences that have had successful business outcomes
- Creative, collaborative, and analytical with excellent organizational, time, and project management skills
- Persuasive communicator with clear verbal and written communication skills
- Think both big picture and deep-dive into the details when necessary
- Can inspire, lead, and support a cross-functional team to get things done and ship great products
- Previous experience partnering with a technical lead in a complex tech industry (experience with enterprise or SaaS products is a plus)
Why Join Us?
- Culture: AlphaSights has the resources of an established company with the fast-moving, forward-thinking approach of a start-up. We’re a diverse, global team that’s dedicated to working hard, continuously improving, and having fun in the process.
- Benefits: Competitive salary; generous paid time off and parental leave
- Wellness: Full medical, dental, and vision benefits; yoga and other in-office exercise classes offered occasionally
- Savings: 401(k) company match; discounts on gym and transportation
- Learning: Conference and professional development budget; office speaker series
- Travel: Opportunity to work and train abroad and go on offsite trips
- Fuel: Subsidized lunches, breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, coffee, tea, and other beverages
- Events: Monthly budget to bond with your team outside of the office; company-sponsored sports leagues, Friday socials, and summer/holiday parties