About Discovery Golf
Discovery Golf is a new international venture from Discovery that brings coverage from the best professional golf events, equipment, and instruction to fans around the world. Discovery Golf has recently acquired Golf Digest and is further expanding the already amazing Golf Digest content with new digital products.
The Discovery Golf Product Team is looking for a Web Product Manager to support the business with managing the development and execution of the digital products and platforms for Golf Digest. Specifically, this Product Manager will be focused on operating and replatforming Golf Digest’s web products.
You will be responsible for carrying features through the full product lifecycle – ideation to production, supplementing with product requirement documents, market research, user stories, user testing, defining KPIs, wireframes, flow diagrams, testing, risk analysis and other supporting information to make product iterations successful. You will be at the intersection between the business, customers and technology.
1. Manage the web product lifecycle including managing distribution of internal testing and update releases.
2. Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics.
3. Prioritise and effectively manage development time to maximize return on investment.
4. Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment, utilizing standardized product development processes.
5. Contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products and features.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, Communications, or a related field.
* Minimum 3-4 years of related experience in a digital media company in the web media space.
* Bias towards action, and a demonstrated ability to break down work and identify the highest value, lowest-effort items.
* Detailed knowledge of Agile development practices and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-impact features at scale.
* Experience of using analytical tools to monitor success of features and influence changes to the product.
* Experience of working with a mixture of in-house and outsourced or offshore teams.
* Excellent written and oral communication.
* Able to write and present to non-digitally-savvy audiences.
* Experience of stakeholder management in a matrixed environment.
* Able to apply sound judgment to make decisions in line overall development strategy and process.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.