Product Manager at Hinge
We are seeking a Product Manager that is interested in joining a rapidly growing and close knit team. This role will report to and work collaboratively with the Group Product Manager.Responsibilities
- Own user outreach channels including in-app and push notifications and email.
- Support Product, Marketing, and Community initiatives.
- Help craft and tell the Hinge’s story to our users.
- Help Hinge users on their journey to connect and go on great dates.
- Help onboard new users to get started and set up for success.
- Develop long-term customer engagement strategies that support initiatives in retention, monetization, and outcomes.
- Collaborate closely with design to ship pixel perfect communications.
- Create the strategic vision and own, manage and execute the roadmap for lifecycle communications.
- Work on a fun, innovative and impactful product
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager owning consumer facing products
- Demonstrated track record of product execution with the ability to lead and influence teams.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis to inform prioritization and decisions.
- Experience working on design-heavy, mobile first consumer products
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.Our Culture
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.