WHO ARE WE?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account, which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. We have built a digital-first platform designed to reset the bar to power a $30T industry.
Our focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of our financial services partners with the help of payroll providers. We make the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, financial advisors get to provide the advice and solution that employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution design for their needs without the headache, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-yr old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re keen to add an amazing Product Manager to the team who’s passionate about changing the retirement industry. We’re looking for someone who loves to solve problems and is driven to build great products. You will work across all of our products - translating company goals into focused initiatives, actionable steps, and a living backlog of work to be done. You will help refine and execute a product vision, improve engineering project management processes, and implement external/internal product communication and feedback channels.
We’re a startup so a self-starter mentality comes first and foremost. You are someone who will dive into whatever creative challenge is placed in front of you, as you’ll have your hand in any and all of the following: product requirements, functional requirements, acceptance criteria, test cases, wireframes. Your job requires an amazing relationship with operations, development, QA and business stakeholders to deliver new product features that critically impact the growth of our product.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING AT VESTWELL?
- Understand high-level strategic plans, identify opportunities, and translate that into buildable features.
- Work with customers and business stakeholders to understand business requirements/goals for new features.
- Work with our service desk to create tooling for internal inbound requests from various stakeholders.
- Partner with developers to breakdown product requirements into stories and provide functional requirements/acceptance criteria.
- Assist QA team in understanding the appropriate positive and negative test cases to ensure test coverage and a high level of code quality.
- Provide constant and iterative feedback to the development team including identifying bugs and assisting in resolution.
- Complete functional testing and provide product sign-off when features are ready for a production release.
- Development process and tools for tracking usage trends and allow data to inform future development plans.
- Bachelors with a minimum of 3 years in business analysis, product management, or software development, or similar capacity
- Experience using JIRA to create Epics, Stories, and Tasks
- Integrations experience linking ZenDesk and Salesforce
- Exceptional business and systems analysis skills
- Ability to thoroughly understand business/functional requirements and possible business use cases
- Understanding and ability to drive the software development lifecycle in an Agile environment - including conducting standups, retrospectives, and OKRs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, project-oriented environment and meet deadlines under tight time constraints
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment consisting of Product, Engineering, and QA resources
- Establish a roadmap for your squad and effectively communicate and defend decisions
- Excellent communication skills, both in verbal and written formats
- Must have the ability to interface with staff, management, and clients
- SQL experience is a plus
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We also have a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options in midtown Manhattan so you can be as productive as possible, and we hope to be back there once we’ve beaten this virus. In the meantime, we provide the team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!