Product Manager at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Passionate about identifying customer (patient) needs and tackling larger business objectives in health tech? We're excited to recruit 3 Product Managers to join the Consumer Health Informatics team.
Health Informatics @ MSK
Within the broader Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization, the division of Health Informatics manages clinician and patient-facing health information technology, including the institutional electronic health record, ancillary clinical systems, and tools that enable decision support, health information exchange, knowledge management, and patient engagement.
Beyond working with the technology itself, we aim to understand the people who use it and the processes affected by its implementation. We empower our clinicians and patients with tools that support the best outcomes, and we support our researchers in their efforts to forge new territory in precision oncology. We evaluate our interventions to prove that the work we are doing is impactful, and we weigh costs and benefits to measure value and prioritize future initiatives.
- MyMSK – MyMSK is MSK's patient portal, which provides our patients and their caregivers with secure online and mobile access to personalized information about their care at MSK. Patients use the portal to review upcoming appointments, request prescription refills, check lab results and reports, access educational materials, view hospital bills, and securely message with medical staff involved in their care, among other features. MyMSK is also used to engage with non-patients and family members.
- [email protected] and in the Community – As part of [email protected], MSK uses digital technology to extend MSK care to meet patients whenever and wherever they are, while ensuring safety and empowering independence. Our products include a patient-reported outcomes (PROs) tool and remote patient monitoring (RPM) with devices and wearables. We are also expanding this program to include patient support with community-based resources.
- Telemedicine – Our Telemedicine solution supports all clinicians and patients to provide MSK services remotely. With this product, patients receive MSK’s medical expertise by communicating directly with board-certified physicians and medical staff via a mobile device or computer.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Understand business and functional needs and how relationships support those needs
- Establish shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development with a team of engineers and designers
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand competitive position and deliver products that are aligned with industry standards
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment
- Define strategy for future use cases and communicate with senior leadership on status, risks and change control
- Engage with stakeholders as needed to determine the trade-offs between scope and timeline
- Participate and coordinate incident resolution to ensure proper point-of-escalation as needed as well as managing business communications related to releases
- Using SAFe, you will create and maintain product roadmaps, carry out product and usability testing in partnership with the Design team, define success measures for products, measure product performance, oversee creation of documentation contributing to development and acceptance of user stories, and leading demonstrations to business partners. PM will also define and continually improve team workflows and core methods.
- 7+ years of technical product management experience; creating strategic product roadmaps and working with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; SAFe certification a plus*
- Experience driving product vision, design discussions, and developing new products & technologies
- Comfortable managing day-to-day technical and design direction
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, etc.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders independently
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.