COMPANY: Canoe Intelligence
TITLE: Product Manager
LOCATION: New York, NY
Combine your technical know-how and client-centric mindset to execute on Product and Development projects that clearly address the needs of our clients. As a Product team member, you’ll play a key role in taking Canoe’s enterprise B2B technology to the next level. This is an opportunity to spearhead Product strategy and wear multiple hats at a fast-growing, dynamic early-stage financial tech company
What You’ll Do:
- Lead product development efforts from ideation to testing to release
- Collaborate with software engineers to achieve excellence in project execution including resolving prioritization conflicts among competing initiatives
- Create Technical Product Requirement Documents (“PRDs”) for new and enhanced features
- Impact Canoe’s product strategy and roadmap priorities by gathering feedback from customers, product usage, cross-functional teams, and competitive research
- Use data and tooling to analyze, monitor, and report on user engagement metrics, and product workflow updates
- Collaborate with Client Success, Sales, and other stakeholders to identify, confirm, and correctly articulate unexpected platform behavior
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of Product and Project Management experience; Engineering or Software Development work experience is a plus
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment; ability to react to project adjustment quickly and efficiently
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills - persuasive, encouraging, and motivating!
- Understanding of the design process and software life cycle (i.e agile)
- Track record of fostering cooperation/collaboration among upper management, clients, and other departments
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Educational background in engineering or related field is a plus
What You’ll Get:
- Full benefits coverage, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and commuter benefits
- 20 days PTO + Gym & Wellness Reimbursement
- Being part of product organization working on cutting edge, purpose-built tech that has clear product/market fit and client-centric mindset
What’s The Process?
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview(s), Video Interview(s), Review of Work Product, and Small Project.
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success
Who We Are:
Canoe is reimagining alternative investment data processes for hundreds of leading institutional investors, capital allocators, asset servicing firms and wealth managers. By combining industry expertise with the most sophisticated data capture technologies, Canoe’s technology automates the highly-frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investment document and data management, extraction and delivery. With Canoe, clients can refocus capital and human resources on business performance and growth, increase efficiency, and gain deeper access to their data. Canoe’s AI-driven platform was developed in 2013 for Portage Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.