Product Manager at EquityZen
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for a Product Manager to join EquityZen’s growing team as we redefine private markets. If the ability to drive real, tangible change across the organization by working with both internal and external stakeholders excites you, let’s chat!
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 2 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 14,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- For your domain of the product, contribute to product strategy based on an in-depth understanding of our customers, competitive landscape, and Company objectives.
- By focusing on user experience, you will partner with designers to build products for everyone, not just themselves.
- Write specs, manage project execution, A/B test, wireframe, and define product roll-out strategies.
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights.
THE RIGHT STUFF:
- 1+ years as a Product Manager at a technology startup with experience working in a lean and agile organization.
- Technical enough to talk shop with and gain the respect of world-class engineers.
- Ability to write business-facing documentation and to conduct User Acceptance Testing.
- A creative problem solver, who is able to incorporate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and macros business trends to pivot and iterate on original ideas.
- Professional experience working directly with engineering and design teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate across the organization.
- Entrepreneurial drive, a champion that helps push past the early uncertainty of a new product experience.
- Passion to learn and to teach others.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with a concentration in Technology, Finance, or Economics.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience in financial markets, marketplace businesses and/or other highly regulated industries.
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.