Our mission is sustainability and using data to solve real estate’s biggest challenges. An estimated 40% of the world’s carbon emissions come from commercial real estate energy consumption.
Prescriptive Data is a smart buildings company focused on utilizing machine learning and artificial intelligence to optimize buildings in real-time. Our building operating system, NANTUM OS, integrates building management systems, metering systems, people-counting systems, IoT devices, and third-party data sets (like weather and utility pricing data) into a single data lake. We then make this data actionable, identifying unused spaces, water leaks, electrical anomalies, while simultaneously automating building systems to make sure every occupant is comfortable using the least amount of energy possible. Our customers include the largest publicly traded real estate owner in the world, the largest private equity firm in the world, and the largest bank in the world.
The Product Manager is expected to perform all product management duties including product portfolio management, ideation with stakeholders and teams, users, markets and analytic inputs, competitive and market landscape analysis requirements gathering, agile product ownership, documentation and prototype preparation and post-launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams include, UX/design, engineering, QA, advisory board, sales, operations and marketing. The successful candidate must have the experience, vision, creativity, and drive to get up to speed quickly and perform this role effectively. A balance of business understanding and technical acumen is required to translate the business needs into unique and engaging user product offerings.
The successful candidate must have the experience, vision, creativity, and drive to get up to speed quickly and perform this role effectively. A balance of business understanding and technical acumen is required to translate the business needs into unique and engaging user product offerings.
The ideal candidate has professional experience in real estate and technology, and is excited by complex, open-ended, and real-world building challenges.
- Build and document business requirements that align with the product vision.
- Define roadmap for delivery and drive ongoing roadmap developments and define suggestions for growth.
- Create and manage an implementation plan for assigned initiatives and features including the scoping and spec-ing in detailed user stories that typically include mockups and acceptance criteria.
- Actively participate in reviewing and authoring business analysis and functional specifications including user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Conduct product and market analysis/research to improve the positioning of Nantum products/platforms and help PD leadership to make informed decisions.
- Build and maintain an on-going analysis of the market and competitors..
- Lead cross functional team including customer, partners, engineering, product, and operations, to deliver against required product growth milestones and deliverables.
- Cultivate a collaborative, high-performance environment to grow the team’s development capabilities.
- Resolve tactical issues to ensure effective and efficient project management and product development processes.
- Maintain high-level of understanding of most frequent support issues and stay current on select product stability and critical issues.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators to measure the impact of new features as well as opportunity for further improvements.
- Handle special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong analytic skills and ability to consume complex information to make recommendations and tradeoffs optimized to meet business demands and customer needs.
- A proven track record and a solid conceptual and expert understanding of product development and product management lifecycle.
- A successful history of working across the product lifecycle, and leading cross-functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales, operations, and implementation.
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with proven ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, listening effectively and soliciting input from others.
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, engineering, or related field; master’s is a plus, but not required
- A minimum of three years related work experience as a product owner, product manager for a SaaS, Cloud platform / solution.
- Agile methodology: 1 year.
- Experience in hardware-embedded software and Internet of Things (IoT) is a plus..
- Experience in the real-estate industry and/or energy and sustainability industries a plus.
- Experience working in a start-up environment -- you must be adept at working in a fast-paced environment and have shown yourself to be adaptive and flexible - a plus.
- Superior communication skills -- ability to prioritize, and efficiently and transparently communicate at a team, executive, and company level. A clear communicator who can provide non-technical explanations for highly technical projects.
- Team player first and foremost; strong collaborative approach while maintaining a level of self-starter mentality with a get-it-done approach.
- A data-driven thinker who resists inertia by constantly looking to optimize and improve existing processes.
- Self-awareness and open-minded - able to listen, change his mind and resolve problems through open communication.
- Process oriented - leverages processed to drive better outcomes, prioritization and time management.
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU!
- Family Medical Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Daily sync
- Friends outside of work
- Group brainstorming sessions
- Intracompany committees
- Open door policy
- Open office floor plan
- Pair programming
- Remote Work Program - Our remote work program includes work from home Work remotely on occasion as needed.
- Team based strategic planning
- Team owned deliverables
- Eat lunch together
- Dental Benefits
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Vision Benefits
- Beer on Tap
- Casual Dress
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Outings
- Happy Hours. Happy hours are hosted once per week.
- Stocked Kitchen
- Job Training & Conferences
- Promote from within
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
Child Care & Parental Leave Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness Benefits
Perks & Discounts
Professional Development Benefits
Retirement and Stock Option Benefits
Vacation & Time Off Benefits