We're looking for a Technical Product Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
The successful candidate will help the Tech Ops realize their mission of accelerating our ability to learn from the experience of every patient by scaling teams’ ability to deliver value that our customers can trust. The Data Platform team provides Flatiron’s engineering teams with fast, maintainable, reliable and secure capabilities to continuously evolve Flatiron’s oncology data products. You will own the roadmap and strategic direction for Flatiron’s ETL, data lake and remote execution environment, among other data platforms. Our Data Platform products are a crucial component of platform engineering at Flatiron. The products you work on will impact the machine learning and data processing at Flatiron that contributes to the evolution of care for cancer patients.
The successful candidate will work closely with a cross-functional team of devOps engineers, SREs and security engineers to build a vision and roadmap for data platforms at Flatiron. In addition, you'll also:
- Own prioritization, on-time delivery and communicate trade-offs
- Manage and drive software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity
- Work closely with Flatiron product managers, engineers, SREs and security engineers to gather product feedback and requirements
- Communicate and evangelize the capabilities and value of Flatiron’s data platform capabilities to engineering and business stakeholders
Who You Are
You're a product manager with at least 3 years of experience in data-heavy software, data processing, or systems development environment. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have BA/BS degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have strong project management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- You have a strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- You have strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- A willingness to dive deep into the subject matter and become a cloud architecture expert
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.