Product Marketing Manager, Betterment for Business at Betterment
Betterment for Business is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It's selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored and smart financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment for Business is powered by Betterment's proprietary, smart technology that automates and optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. In addition to the core investing services, Betterment’s platform includes Betterment Everyday—Betterment’s cash management suite which offers a checking account, debit card, and high-yield account. Headquartered in New York City and created by the largest independent robo-advisor, Betterment for Business is used by leading employers like Casper and Boxed. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
As B4B Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for helping to more effectively position our 401(k) product, working closely with the sales, customer success, and product development teams. Our goal is to bring more employers (and by extension more employees) into the Betterment family, thereby “empowering them to do what’s best with their money so they can live better.” You will also be working with distribution partners, including financial advisors, to ensure they have the enablement tools and resources they need to be successful.A Day in the Life:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product, including monitoring developments within the industry and competitive landscape
- Create and test positioning, messages and campaigns for both sales and post-sales opportunities, ensuring consistency across platforms and channels
- Coordinate and manage marketing initiatives associated with key partnerships and product enhancements
- Adapt B4B’s story so that it resonates with each audience across all relevant assets including landing pages, website, emails, SEO content, product collateral and more
- Manage, maintain, iterate on and share 401(k) content and collateral, including website, pitch deck and sales collateral
- Track and report on key metrics, adjusting messages and content to improve results
- Work with research and analytics teams to understand voice of the customer and develop clear insights
- At least 6 years of B2B marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in product marketing
- Experience at a technology and/or SaaS company a definite plus
- Scrappy, nimble and resourceful. You must be able to work collaboratively to find creative solutions to unique challenges and demonstrate authority and expertise internally and externally
- Ability to identify and understand the needs of buyer/customer/partner, analyzing and synthesizing data and input from disparate sources
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
- Experience in selling or marketing financial services or employee benefits to business owners, C-suite executives or advisors a definite plus
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote