Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
We’re on the journey of a lifetime with incredible traction across geographies, verticals, and segments. We’re building the dream team to power our growth and this critical role will be all about shaping the GTM strategy for our growing portfolio of solutions to capitalize on the massive addressable market that we have in front of us. We are searching for a creative, hands-on Product Marketing Manager specializing in customer engagement, ready to make an immediate impact on the business.
You are a master of your trade. Your passion, functional expertise and genuine curiosity inspires everyone around you. You stand for extreme ownership, have a knack for storytelling and know that empathy–whether it be for your partners on the team or for our customers–is what it's all about.Your Day-to-Day Role
- As the voice of our customer, you’ll deliver insights that inform the roadmap for all of our products, current and future
- You’ll develop programs that drive adoption and usage, empowering our customers to get the most out of their investment
- You’ll work closely with your partners in product, product marketing and corporate development to uncover key areas of opportunity for the business as part of our broader product strategy
- You’ll build programs to expand our product research, helping to prioritize roadmap candidates, to support UX research objectives and ultimately laying the foundation for our long-term product vision
- You’ll expand our knowledge of the market, deepening our understanding and opportunity across key segments, industries and geos
- You’ll partner with customer teams to optimize the customer journey and to deliver a world class experience
- You’ll further establish OwnBackup as strategic advisor through thought leadership, community engagement and activation of subject matter experts
- BA or BS from an accredited university
- 4-6 years of product marketing experience in B2B tech, preferably SaaS
- Demonstrated experience driving GTM strategy
- Extremely organized, methodical and detail-oriented
- Ability to speak the language of product teams fluently
- Best-in-class communication skills and ability to present ideas to an executive audience
- High energy with the ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance
- Thrive in a fast paced environment with the ability to manage
- Exceptional storyteller with a strong point of view
- Hands on experience in the Salesforce ecosystem is a big plus
- A technical background in a customer facing role, experience in product management, data science or solution engineer also a bonus
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms, and has experienced 100% growth for five years running. We’ve established early market dominance in a big addressable market - to put this in perspective, consider that OwnBackup currently has over 3,000 customers, and nearly all of Salesforce’s 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given our vision to lead cloud data protection, we are also actively pursuing plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the coming year. Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup’s product and customers.