Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
We’re on the journey of a lifetime with incredible traction across geographies, verticals, and segments. We’re building the dream team to power our growth and this critical role will be all about shaping the GTM strategy for our growing portfolio of solutions to capitalize on the massive addressable market that we have in front of us.
We are looking for a creative, hands-on Product Marketing Manager focused on an exciting new emerging market for OwnBackup. This role will be responsible for end-to-end GTM for a new product on the roadmap. You’ll establish deep, collaborative partnerships with our product teams and build a bridge between product strategy and marketing strategy. The role is an incredible opportunity to have an immediate impact in a mission-critical piece of our business.Your Day-to-Day Role
- You'll build a deep understanding of our customer to deliver insights that inform the roadmap for the new product, drive adoption and engagement, as well as help to uncover key areas of opportunity for our broader strategy
- You’ll lead launch programs for all new and enhanced capabilities
- You’ll conduct research to expand our knowledge of the market, refine our personas and deepen our reach in key segments, industries and geos
- You’ll own all messaging across platforms like our website, customer engagement programs and in-product
- You’ll become the expert on your product and the problem space, further establishing OwnBackup’s strong position through thought leadership, community engagement and activation of subject matter experts
- You’ll be responsible for identifying opportunities for the business and recommending an approach for things like increasing adoption or the monetization of new features
- You’ll establish thought leadership for OwnBackup and our executives
- You’ll prepare weekly updates to disseminate to stakeholders throughout the org
- BA or BS from an accredited university
- 4-6 years of product marketing experience in B2B tech, preferably SaaS
- Hands on experience in the CRM ecosystem is a big plus
- Demonstrated experience driving GTM strategy
- Extremely organized, methodical and detail-oriented
- Ability to speak the language of product teams fluently
- Best-in-class communication skills and ability to present ideas to an executive audience
- High energy with the ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance
- Thrive in a fast paced environment with the ability to manage
- Exceptional storyteller with a strong point of view
- A technical background and experience in product management, data science or solution engineer also a plus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms, and has experienced 100% growth for five years running. We’ve established early market dominance in a big addressable market - to put this in perspective, consider that OwnBackup currently has over 3,000 customers, and nearly all of Salesforce’s 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given our vision to lead cloud data protection, we are also actively pursuing plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the coming year. Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup’s product and customers.