Product Marketing Manager, Institutional Marketing at Gemini
Help us Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) empowers individuals and institutions through crypto by providing simple, elegant, and secure ways for people to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrency. We are a licensed cryptocurrency exchange and custodian with a focus on product, security, licensing, and compliance. Institutional relationships are a pillar of our business and we offer these customers solutions including custody, clearing, and trade execution.
Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought-leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
Location: NYC HQ or remote
The Department: Marketing & Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Marketing & Communications, we spend our days analyzing the market, crafting the Gemini story, and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines research, data, brand marketing, acquisition and retention tactics, PR, and all aspects of customer-facing interaction.
The Role: Product Marketing Manager — Institutional
The Product Marketing Manager — Institutional (PMM) is responsible for the marketing strategy of institutional products, and for organizing promotional efforts directed toward existing and potential customers around the "why," "what," and "when" of everything we build for this line of business. They use their understanding of the product and knowledge of the institutional market, customers, and competitors to clearly explain the unique value a product brings. The PMM uses the product marketing strategy, in concert with Gemini’s overall marketing strategy, to develop the go-to-market for each product and then support its ongoing success. The PMM’s efforts lay out the work required to deliver something new — launch a product, introduce a feature, or expand into a new market.
- Set go-to-market strategy for product launches and new market expansion
- Maintain a current understanding of customer preferences, competitor offerings, and market trends
- Work closely with Product Managers to create positioning and messaging that resonate with the target audience
- Communicate and coordinate proactively among Marketing, Product, Business Development, Design, and Customer Support to continuously improve how we market our existing feature set
- Develop an analytical framework to measure and report on the performance of product marketing initiatives
- Work and coordinate with regional teams in rolling-out and executing global campaigns and strategies
- Be obsessed with institutional adoption of crypto and constantly think of ways to better distribute our products to a larger audience
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years experience working with product or marketing teams
- Deep knowledge of the structure and business needs of institutional customers such as funds, asset managers, pensions, and endowments
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and go-to-market planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and extreme comfort with spreadsheet-based analysis
- Ability to plan and execute on multiple projects at once
- A strong interest in the crypto and blockchain industries
- Experience with marketing tactics including SEO, SEM, programmatic ads, social media, PR, email, events, sponsorships, or content
- Experience with institutional sales and business development
- Experience working in crypto/blockchain or fintech
- Familiarity with marketing data flows and our martech stack, including Branch, Braze, Contentful, Google Analytics, Looker, Mixpanel, Salesforce, and Unbounce
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.