Squarespace is seeking a Product Marketing Manager for our core Presence products. This includes the website building platform (CMS) that millions rely on to showcase their business or passion, in addition to a number of supporting features that help customers build the online brand they’ve always dreamed of.
You’ll be responsible for crafting the external messaging and positioning of the Squarespace CMS. You’ll partner with Product Management, User Experience, and Engineering to help instill the customer voice into product development and roadmaps. When it comes time to bring a new product or feature to market, you’ll have the chance to define what marketing success looks like and sculpt the channel strategy that will make it possible.
For over a decade Squarespace has helped not only define the progression of web design, but has made it accessible to anyone with an idea or passion. We’re seeking a Product Marketing Manager with a genuine passion for design and a commitment to helping our customer succeed.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Own product messaging and positioning of our core website builder platform
- Be responsible for a consistent product voice everywhere from marketing campaigns to within the product itself
- Define and own the go-to-market process for new product features and updates
- Work closely with our internationally focused marketing partners to advocate for locally relevant product updates to give customers around the world the best possible experience
- Build a marketing strategy for our Presence products that aligns closely with the goals of our Product Management counterparts
- Work closely with our User Research and Market Research functions to commission projects that will unlock the insights needed to define future product roadmap
- Advise on competitive intelligence, regularly keeping product and marketing stakeholders informed of the latest updates to competitive landscape
- Own reporting, analysis, and communication of marketing activities pertaining to our CMS products
- Actively seek out opportunities to advocate for the inclusion of our CMS products across our companies marketing initiatives
- 3-4 years of marketing experience, with 2+ years of demonstrated success in a product marketing role, ideally in tech or a closely related industry and with a global focus
- Experience partnering with Product, CRM, and Content teams to deepen product understanding and retention among users
- Strong project management abilities to plan and execute complex cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and visual
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear and intuitive language
- Analytical, creative, and strategic thinking and a willingness to take calculated risks
- Customer focus, with a deep understanding of the value Squarespace provides for users
- Growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.