Product Marketing Manager at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You are a passionate marketer who enjoys identifying new and exciting ways to educate, engage, and delight customers. You excel at breaking down complex topics - like navigating the healthcare system - into simple, easy-to-understand terms. You have tons of experience in customer lifecycle marketing and are eager to directly impact the health and wellbeing of a company with your knowledge.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will support Justworks' Benefits team and make it easier for customers to understand and use their employer-sponsored benefits. You will be responsible for driving customer engagement initiatives and campaigns to educate our customers and drive ongoing adoption of Justworks’ suite of benefits and perks. You’ll lead and execute on engaging marketing campaigns designed to provide differentiated value to our members throughout their lifecycle. You’ll also support the broader Benefits Product Marketing team in launching new features and benefits, driving marketing activities for annual benefits milestones (like open enrollment), and managing day-to-day benefits and partner marketing.
In addition to the broader Product Marketing team, this role will work closely with the Benefits Product team, as well as Marketing, Customer Success, Benefits Operations, and Sales Enablement teams.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Own and execute on an engagement strategy that enhances the value of Justworks’ overall benefits offering and drives awareness and adoption of key benefits across the customer lifecycle
- Measure and monitor the impact of engagement strategies against benefits adoption KPIs
- Develop and own the end-to-end execution of online and offline marketing initiatives that delight and provide differentiated value for our customers
- Map the customer benefits journey across different end user groups and help create user personas to identify high-impact engagement opportunities
- Work with the broader Benefits Product Marketing team to uncover and leverage customer insights, points of differentiation, and key messaging themes into broader customer marketing campaigns
- Find creative ways to educate customers and demystify complex employee benefit topics like choosing the right health insurance plan, navigating the healthcare system, and managing personal finances
- Work with Justworks’ benefit partners on joint marketing opportunities to drive adoption of partner benefits and increase the stickiness of Justworks’ benefits offering
- Own the execution of programs and marketing initiatives to support annual benefits milestones (open enrollment, benefits renewals, etc.)
- Support the broader Benefits Product Marketing team on the launch of new benefit features, partners, or offerings
- Analyze and measure the success of marketing initiatives, leveraging insights to influence future customer engagement strategy and product decisions
- Help develop value-based messaging and positioning for new features or benefits, ensuring that messaging is consistent across channels. Work with Customer Success and Sales team to ensure training, collateral, and other resources are up-to-date and on message
As a Product Marketing Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years product marketing or lifecycle/engagement marketing experience, preferably for tech/software products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience crafting engaging marketing content
- Experience owning, executing, and measuring end-to-end marketing campaigns across multiple channels
- Strong analytical skill set with a proven track record of using data and insights to drive decision-making and measurable results
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects, juggling competing priorities, stakeholders, and tasks as needed
- Ability to ramp up on complex domains (ex: health insurance) quickly
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of email marketing tools (ex: Pardot, Marketo)
Please note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.Bonus points
- Experience working in the employee benefits or healthcare space
- B2B2C marketing experience
- Proficiency in SQL
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment