Product Operations Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Product, Design and Engineering teams at Better are responsible for the end to end experience of getting a loan at Better.com, as well as all of the things behind the scenes that automate and structure the mortgage process. It’s a team that moves very quickly – we ship improvements to Better.com about 50 times daily, and we use tons of data to improve the experience and drive decisions. The Product and Tech Operations Team at Better ensures that the technology organization is equipped to scale efficiently and continue to build the absolute best products for our customers.
This Product Operations Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Product Operations and Technology. They will work with our internal Product Management, Engineering, Design, and Data Science teams to help them make prioritization decisions based on product data in order to make more informed decisions about which product features to build next. The Product Operations Manager will also help connect the Product Management team with our Sales and Operations teams internally to ensure constant stakeholder collaboration.
Responsibilities will include:
- Streamline and create critical and routine processes such as, interpreting user feedback, conducting user interviews for product improvements,, sprint planning, and roadmapping
- Ensure functional partners are aligned on key objectives for the program/product
- Work directly with Product to thoroughly understand experiments, upcoming product changes and roadmaps and communicate those with internal stakeholders
- Maintain templates, guidelines, references, and resources for the Product Management team, while ensuring they are the right resources, are easy to use, and are made available in a central, easy to find location
- Empower the Product Management team by making the right data easily available and assist them in making decisions based on these insights
- Identify key problem areas impacted by the product post-launch
- Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to advise product improvements
- Build consistent communication and documentation processes across PDE to ensure successful communication within the team, the necessary sales/ops teams, executives, and other cross functional stakeholders (ie: Manage confluence pages to track PRDs, ERDs, oversee product launch comms, etc.)
- Using a consistent reporting dashboard, ensure all teams are tracking their KPIs metrics and goals quantitatively
- Track core business metrics related to the product you’re scoped to
- Refine and own processes for how to deal with product requests, customer pain points, outages, bugs, and escalations from other teams
- Identify gaps in cross-team knowledge or collaboration
- You have 5-8 years of experience in Product Operations, Product Management or Program Management within a technology organization
- Experience leading and owning multiple cross-functional projects that improve a user experience or solve a problem within workflows, tooling, or user support
- You are an Excel wizard, data savvy, (bonus: SQL user) and can use data to tell a story.
- You are seasoned in Jira and Confluence
- You’re an expert on how Product, Engineering and Design teams work together to build effective products, and how Product Operations can foster the success of these teams
- You have a proven track record of success operating in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- You have years of strong stakeholder management experience, and know how to communicate effectively through compelling decks, concise emails and documents, and through leading in-person meetings
- Comfortable with ambiguity, takes initiative with little to no direction
- Bonus: You are a Scrum Master or an Agile Coach
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.