Product Owner at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Looking for a meaningful role to positively impact the patient journey? We're excited to kickstart recruitment for Product Owners to support various products managed by Health Informatics. Joining us as a PO is a fantastic opportunity to collaborate with clinical leadership, physicians, nursing, Ambulatory Care, PCTs, Phlebotomists, Pharmacy, IT and more.
About our team:
MSK has committed to transforming itself into a digital organization. To help advance the transformation, MSK has committed to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as a method of managing technology work. As part of our digital transformation, we've identified a set of high priority platforms. One of these is the Clinical and Logistics Platform, which is part of MSK’s digital ecosystem. The focus of the Clinical and Logistics Platform is to enable our Care Teams and Health Care Providers with a pre-integrated platform comprising of all our clinical, logistics, and communication systems. We aim to provide a world-class user experience, reduce friction and burnout to our Care Teams, and empower our team members to provide the best Patient Experience.
- Create and maintain product roadmaps, define success measures for products and measure product performance and oversee creation of all project documentation
- Work closely with CX/Product Lead to break journeys into features
- Translate user journeys and output from research, NFRs and FRs into user stories
- Align and track the success metrics for features, sprints and epics
- Support recruitment and maintenance of working groups
- Catalog and prioritize product backlog with development team. Participate in iteration planning for each sprint. Assess and raise problems and roadblocks timely.
- Ensure appropriate time is allocated for the successful and timely release of enhancements and features
- Set overall goals and directions for the team – ensuring cross-functional teamwork and prioritization of work to meet deliverables
- Facilitates the development of product concepts and defining product strategies, team workflows and core methods
- Engage and coordinate efforts (daily/weekly) with project managers, analysts, and various directors
- Track timelines, define milestones, lead prioritization workgroups, manage status reports, and spearhead engagement efforts
- Ensure all issues, requests, and problems, are being addressed and raised to support staff as needed
- Set expectations for delivery of new functionalities and maintain appropriate tracking of product performance post-launch to suggest possible solutions in future iterations
- In collaboration with the development team, assists in the documentation and the testing acceptance criteria and timeline
- Assess severity of reported defects and escalate and prioritize to development team appropriately
- Lead the product functional design process, having an in-depth knowledge of the users and technology, and the release planning (sprints) with developers
- Coordinating and implementing new platform rollouts for all clinical staff
Our ideal candidate...
- 4+ yrs of experience as a Product Owner/Manager, Clinical Systems Manager, or Project Manager in a clinical setting at a healthcare organization or digital health company preferred
- Analytical approach, excellent communication/presentation skills, strong stakeholder management, keen to mentor/provide guidance, patient and assertive yet tactful
- Knowledge/technical exposure - strong plus: mobile application development and deployment of medical/non-medical devices, Web and mobile architecture and familiarity with mobile endpoints e.g. iOS and Android environments, HL7 interfaces and agile methodologies/SAFe Bonus: previous vendor relations with Allscripts, Cerner Bridge or Zebra
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
Location: NYC - Midtown East near Grand Central
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video interview with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting you soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.