Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
About the Team
The Product Research team sits within the R&D Soft Product Development Team. This team is responsible for all personal care category launches from concept to launch, as it pertains to Research and Product Development. As Harry’s and Flamingo brands continue to grow, the Product Development Team will be a primary driver of new product innovation.
About the Role
The Soft Product, Product Research Sr. Associate will help drive innovation at Harry’s by listening to consumers and utilizing your passion for products to create things people like more. As a liaison between our insights partners and our the PD team you will support formula development by being the voice of the consumer, making sure our products deliver on the intended experiences. You will help drive innovation within the team by keeping the team up to date on the latest product launches and cross-industry innovations eg. Food trends, technology improvements etc, and most importantly, by always being an ambassador of the consumer regardless of the situation or product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to define study objectives
- Coordinate and manage consumer studies, anything from small to large scale studies
- Synthesize and analyze quantitative data creating easily digestible reports that are approachable for cross-functional partners.
- Execute and drive claims substantiation, identifying claims and the most efficient way to support them.
- Work independently with vendors, testing houses, etc. to drive a study to completion on time and within budget.
- Effectively communicate product insights to cross-functional partners by distilling results to essential learnings and actionable recommendations that enable rapid decisions
- Efficiently map out and report on category trends, competitive launches/movements, and emerging technologies
- Manage and organize product sample closet
This should describe you:
- Enthusiastic about personal care products – Excited by new products, technologies, formats, and how they interact with one another to create the ultimate user experience, down to the last detail.
- Empathetic - Internalize the experience of each product from the user’s perspective, quickly be able to understand the key drivers of that experience and want to strive to make that experience better.
- Crafty and creative – You look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives and timelines and build research approaches to suit these. You are energized by executing research projects on your own or occasionally working with external partners when required.
- Skilled data storyteller – You are comfortable analyzing and weaving together disparate information from primary research, syndicated data, and publicly available sources into a holistic story with strong recommendations.
- Life-long learner - Hunger for knowledge, admits when they don’t know the answer and diligently works to find it.
- Proactive doer - Gets things done before being asked to do them.
- Relentless commitment to achieving goals and objectives: Won't give up until key stakeholders align and commit (internal colleagues and external suppliers), maintaining positive relationships for long term success
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication.
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor - we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You’ll report into the Soft Product Development Sr Research Associate
- You’ll work with internal teams including Soft Product Development, Marketing, Insights, Packaging, Project Managers, and Research Vendors
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (market research, regulatory field, design engineering)
- Have a strong understanding of claims substantiation and the US claims landscape. Experience with Global claim landscape is a plus.
- Direct experience working in dynamic teams, and key partners to ensure delivery of projects against aggressive timelines.
- Experienced at managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, challenging and always changing environment with the ability to shift priorities to meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Demonstrated analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively at all levels in the organization and with suppliers to manage multiple projects and changing business needs.
- Responsible, dependable, self-starter/proactive with strong initiative.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.