Product Research Senior Associate at Harry's Inc.
About the team
The Hard Products R&D Team is at the heart of product creation for all of our global brands. Our teams are composed of engineers, chemists, materials scientists, product researchers, technicians, program managers, and more. We work cross-functionally to develop insightful, innovative products that fulfill the unmet, sometimes unspoken, needs of our customers. We are the engine behind our core shaving business, developing razors, handles, and accessories; plus anything made from metal or plastic, in any product category.
About the role
As a Product Research Senior Associate, you will be the voice of the product and the advocate for the consumer. By using your knowledge in diverse research techniques, from sensory tests to quantitative and qualitative consumer studies, you will design and lead research to ensure prototypes meet consumer needs and translate into products in mass production with their designed attributes. If you have a passion for deeply understanding consumers and applying solid research design principles to deliver the best consumer experience possible, this is a great opportunity for you!
What you will accomplish
- You will work with product developers, project managers and senior researchers to define the research objectives and design a learning plan to support the project goals.
- You will collaborate with internal and external research partners in the preparation of study protocols, questionnaires, and other research materials.
- You will analyze data and write concise reports, including a summary, conclusion, and actionable recommendation to the working team. You will connect the dots between products and people.
- You will plan and coordinate activities, and help prepare samples for sensory and consumer tests.
- You will manage and coordinate the testing schedule and the knowledge management tools.
- You will search, compile and prepare competitive benchmarking materials for the Product Development team.
This should describe you
- Passionate researcher - Thrives on applying diverse research methods to understand product performance and consumer needs and behavior
- Product enthusiast - Loves developing products for people
- Multi-tasker - Ability to manage multiple projects and execute work independently
- Detail-oriented approach to work - you strive for accuracy and completeness
- Critical thinker - Ability to solve unexpected problems; open minded to new approaches
- Solid communicator - Can summarize and present data in an understandable way to a range of audiences
- Team player - Willingness, enthusiasm, and flexibility to help teammates as urgent needs arise, as well as collaborate and pattern with cross-functional teams
- Skilled in Excel, Power Point, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc. as well in Statistical Analysis software (Xl-Stat, Minitab, SPSS, etc.)
Here's who you'll work with
- You will report to the R&D Director of Hard Products Innovation
- You will work with Product Researchers, Sensory Scientists, Product Design Engineers, Materials Scientists, Program Managers, Process/Manufacturing Engineers (Engineering Implementation Group), and Technicians
- You will also interact with Marketing, Insights and Quality teams, among others.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.