Oscar is looking for a Product Specialist to support the Product team’s mission — using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. In this role, you’ll collaborate with and learn from a talented team of Product Managers, Engineers and Designers. And you’ll take on a wide range of mission-critical processes within your product area, helping us make rapid progress on the experiences we offer and the underlying systems that make those experiences possible.
- Articulate - You’re able to represent the needs of the product team in conversations with internal stakeholders and external vendors; you communicate clearly and concisely in written form.
- Entrepreneurial - You have a passion for fixing problems, honing processes, and getting [things] done -- whatever is needed for us to achieve our ambitious goals.
- Collaborative - While you can take on large projects independently, you enjoy working cross-functionally to accomplish greater goals as a team.
- Tech savvy - You grasp technical concepts quickly and are as comfortable working side-by-side with engineers as you are explaining software requirements to a non-technical audience.
- Analytical - You’re not afraid to dive into the data and systems to understand trends and troubleshoot issues. SQL skills a plus, but not required.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Managing relationships and meetings that fall within your product area including integration set-up and troubleshooting calls with vendors, hand-offs with operational counterparts, and requirements check-ins with engineers.
- Creating and maintaining documentation to make team processes sustainable and scalable
- Facilitating internal and external communications around feature launches, training materials, and onboarding plans
- Ensuring that bugs within your product area are being escalated and triaged appropriately
- Working with sensitive product data sets related to app configuration, in-progress A/B tests, and test accounts
- ...and anything else your product area needs to be successful.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.