Greater NYC Area
Location: New York, NYReports to: Head of Customer SuccessAbout AlphaSense: AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s market and company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss. The Role: The product specialist role marries the technical knowledge of our solution with a deep understanding of the markets to ensure that users, across all of the segments and business units that we work with, are realizing maximum value from the platform. The team is heavily relied upon to contribute to both growth and retention initiatives by helping maximize prospect and customer health. In order to learn our business and customer inside and out, this team also acts as our first line of support. This role partners with our product management and engineering teams in determining future product developments that will resonate with the market. The product specialist role is an excellent launching off point for a career that will grow as quickly as our high growth start-up. Role Responsibilities:
- Growth Initiatives: Assist sales in product pitches and demos. The team also runs trial training calls, making the ability to overcome common objectives and communicate our value proposition essential to success.
- Customer Usage: The team works hand in hand with account management, speaking with and visiting users to provide training, customizations, product consultations and helping drive usage and awareness of new product releases
- Customer Support: Product specialists field support calls, emails, and chats, locally resolving as much as possible. They will port tickets out to appropriate teams when needed, and will retain their position as the customer’s point person through resolution.
- Idea generation and product customization: Product specialists in partnership with sales and AM’s identify what prospects/customers are likely to care about, and customize their product experience. This curation should come in the form of timely searches/trends in the market that can be used for demos or email distribution.
- Product Feedback and Direction: Because of our product specialists’ deep understanding of both our product and customers, they are in a position to field feedback and identify product opportunities, and relay that information across the organization (account management, account executives, product, management, marketing).
- The role offers cross-functional exposure across our business, consequently providing you with great exposure to the different areas you may want to develop your career in, as you grow with us.
- Experience with research technology, financial information / data, or investment research services, along with a basic understanding of fundamental research and analyst workflows
- A high aptitude and willingness to learn. Because of our diverse base of clients, much of the technical knowledge required to succeed will be learned on the job
- Ability to distill and explain complex issues in simple terms
- An intelligent, articulate, consultative and confident client facing professional
- Must have the personal motivation and ability to contribute to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team culture
- Superior ability to develop rapport with new people, and to maintain relationships, combined with a positive and proactive personality
- Energetic and creative individual, possessing natural curiosity with the ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to comfortably communicate at both senior executive and analyst levels
- Effective time management and task prioritization when under pressure
- Willingness to Travel
- Ability and interest to work autonomously, and for a small fast-growing company. Someone can genuinely "make the role their own", so looking for highly motivated proactive individuals who make things happen, and want to play a large role in the company’s success
- Bachelor’s Degree
Read Full Job Description