Product Support Associate
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
Our team is a group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on building products Skimm’rs love. We are responsible for our products from conception to launch, and we collaborate with teammates from design, engineering, user research, data analytics, editorial, marketing, and sales to bring our ideas to life. In this role you will be the voice of the Skimm’r at HQ. You’ll engage with our audience on a daily basis, evangelize the feedback to the rest of the company, and support the product development teams in ensuring every product release is of the highest quality and ready for Skimm’rs to use.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work closely with the product, design, and engineering teams to QA each release across mobile, web, and email
- Manage a high daily volume of customer inquiries and issues via email, social media, and additional feedback channels
- Produce customer feedback reports and FAQs for Skimm products
- Stay up to date on new product features and requirements, and assist with writing and maintaining specs
- Maintain a close feedback loop with product, design, and engineering to diagnose issues and highlight bugs or potential enhancements
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Stellar organization skills. You’re detail oriented - nothing slips by you or falls through the cracks
- Ability to work quickly and manage a high volume of inbound requests
- Past experience in QA or customer support is preferred
- Passion for products and being the voice of the user
- Collaborative and communicative approach to every task and project
- Ability to think on your feet - you’re a problem solver and creative thinker who knows how to execute and get sh*t done
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.