Senior Associate, Strategic Project Management at Rhino
Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
The Senior Associate, Strategic Project Management, will report to the Senior Director, Partner Success, and have an immediate impact streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing project management, and communicating objectives between departments. The Senior Associate, Strategic Projects, will focus on high priority special projects, and provide additional organizational and administrative support to the Revenue Leadership team as needed.In this role you will:
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, performing an array of tasks such as reviewing/drafting reports, pitch decks, speeches, and presentations; planning and coordinating meetings involving key stakeholders and decision-makers; and researching, benchmarking, and analyzing data to make informed decisions.
- Identify key areas and special projects that align with the organization's strategic initiatives; and identify metrics for success.
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with the Revenue Leadership team on special projects.
- Provide expertise, and project management for specific strategic initiatives that are critical in meeting the organization's strategic plan; and oversee successful execution of such initiatives under the guidance of the Revenue Leadership team and Business Segment leaders. This includes creating project plans, modeling operational opportunities, quantifying impact and creating presentations to stakeholders that develop the "story" of the project. Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation; including, as needed, planning and execution of internal and external communications related to project updates.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
- Communication skills including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Power BI
- Business Insight including advising, designing business models, interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting, benchmarking, etc.
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objectives
- Performance Measurement including evaluating programs, evaluating vendors, and defining and measuring KPIs
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- Skilled in G suite applications
- Skilled in Tableau
- Skilled in Sales Force or other CRM/CSM
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.