The product team at Chainalysis is looking for a Senior Data Analyst / Business Intelligence Engineer to help define and create the next generation of deep dive and performance metrics visibility tools. Our ideal candidate is comfortable in a nascent and fast-paced space with a lot of ambiguity. The Senior Data Analyst enjoys translating complex business and product questions into well-defined quantitative problems, and is capable of building scalable analytics solutions to answer these questions.
You will be an integral part of the product team and define success metrics across all of our products. The analytical tools and reports you build will help us understand the drivers of success metrics and as a result make informed product decisions. This role reports into the Product organization and works across several teams, including Product, Engineering, Finance and Customer Success.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if...
- You are an expert in accessing and analyzing all of Chainalysis’ datasets including blockchain data, product usage data and financial metrics.
- You have built tools and mechanisms for consolidating and updating data regularly to make it easily accessible to all stakeholders in the company.
- You have translated product and business questions into quantitative questions, uncovered the inputs into our success metrics and started publishing weekly reports that product and data science teams use to identify critical areas of improvement.
- You have successfully collaborated with internal engineering teams to create new datasets when we cannot answer the product questions.
- You have created new KPIs to track the product performance that guide the product team’s initiatives.
- You have treated our internal data as a product and helped to scale the company’s analytics platforms, trained folks to leverage BI tools, and provided your colleagues with easier access to insights.
- You have been a critical contributor to the company’s pricing strategy for different products and access levels.
A background like this helps:
- Educational background in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics or a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Professional work experience in a hands-on analytics function with proved quantitative orientation.
- Proven ability to translate ambiguous business and product questions into quantitative problem statements, structure complex analysis, implement large scale analytical solutions and drive business and product insights.
- Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases (e.g. Redshift).
- Knowledge and experience with data pipeline technologies, data modeling (star schemas, snowflake, aggregation tables), basic data architectures (compute and reporting clusters).
- Experience in inventing new metrics, conducting root cause analysis, testing hypotheses and developing reporting/visualization solutions (e.g. Tableau).
- Ability to work with Data Engineers and Scientists to mine the right data sources efficiently and accurately.
- Fluency with statistical analytics and a programming language such as R, Python etc.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritization of multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- A Just Do It attitude and ability to move with urgency and customer obsession.
- An ownership mindset - acts and makes decisions on behalf of the company, not just the team. Never heard of the words “not my job”.
The following would differentiate you:
- Understanding of blockchain data
- Experience in building pricing models and conducting cohort analysis
- Experience with technologies such as Airflow, Hadoop or Spark
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability, experience and more. We can’t wait to meet you.