Senior Director, Flamingo DTC at Harry's Inc.
About the Role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, customer-centric leader to spearhead the next phase of our DTC business—a key priority for both Flamingo and, more broadly, Harry’s Inc. This role will focus on driving inspiring strategy vision for our DTC business, and translating it to a roadmap that helps us create a best-in-class end-to-end experience. The DTC Senior Director will be leading a best-in-class team overseeing strategy and execution for digital product/retention, growth marketing (acquisition), and customer experience (CX).
We are looking for someone who is motivated by owning their P&L and accomplishing the goals that drive its growth, through a process of continuous test-and-learn, true innovation, and collaborative work. This person should also be driven by achieving growth through their team, focusing deeply on coaching to arrive both at team development and business outcomes.
This role is highly collaborative so we are looking for someone who is energized by partnering across the team and broader organization to drive great outcomes for the brand and the business.
Reporting to the Flamingo GM, you will be a key leader for the Flamingo brand, helping define our overarching brand goals and strategy.
What you will accomplish:
- Help accelerate Flamingo’s DTC business by building out the customer experience across the funnel with continuous big bets and customer-centric ideation
- Responsible for managing the DTC P&L, including forecasting & reporting, setting up priorities, allocating resources and driving strategies to meet our big ambitions for the channel
- This role will manage and develop digital product, acquisition, and customer experience teams, pushing their thinking, supporting their development, and building out the team thoughtfully to support smart growth.
- Closely partner with leaders on the Flamingo team and across the organization to drive strategy for the DTC business and the brand at large, including:
- The creative team to ensure rapid, best-in class creative development
- Brand management and brand marketing to drive DTC-first physical product innovation and bring to life our bigger body care vision
- Engineering, analytics and distribution to align on priorities, secure resources and consistently improve on processes to support strong and efficient ways of working
- Guide digital product/retention initiatives by supporting the team in improving customer experience and site monetization through initiatives such as conversion rate optimization, subscription improvements, CRM build out, etc.
- Support growth marketing team in optimizing existing channels, testing and learning into new ones (online & offline), evolving our attribution methodologies, and supporting Inc.-level goals (e.g., retail attribution)
- Play an active role as a leader within the Flamingo leadership team and as an Inc.-level DTC leader
This should describe you:
- 8+ years of experience in eCommerce, with a deep expertise in digital product
- Experienced team leader and developer of people: You have a passion and talent for coaching and developing a team
- A natural passion for identifying consumer needs & a track record of building best in class, customer-first digital experiences
- Strong collaborator and overall team player. You take pride in the wins of the collective and are excited by helping to improve team processes
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who can dive deep on the details, find ways to simplify, and communicate concise ideas and strategic vision effectively to stakeholders
- A leader that can operate at all levels, thinks expansively and bold as well as being willing and excited to roll up their sleeves when needed
- Creates a culture of innovation and encourages smart, calculated risks. To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
Flamingo designs body care products for daily routines and self-care rituals. With an award-winning razor, (also) award-winning shave gel, wax strips for face and body, and skin care products free from parabens, phthalates, and artificial dyes, Flamingo is a new kind of body care—one made for all routines and skin types, and fairly priced.
Our products and campaigns have been covered by Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, and InStyle, and we’ve won major accolades from Allure (Best in Beauty), Essence (Best in Black Beauty), and Fast Company (Most Innovative in Beauty). We set aside 1% of sales to support nonprofits working to improve the physical, emotional, and mental health of women globally.
Flamingo is available on shopflamingo.com, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Goop, and select grocery stores nationwide.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.