Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
This role will lead Physical Product Development at Ro in the development of differentiated and high quality OTC products.
Who are you? Great question. You can create and drive a long term product development strategy. You have a deep understanding of the development of new OTC products from consumer insights to manufacturing to packaging. You understand the players in the space and the incentives that drive each of their decisions.
You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You have the ability to motivate and lead a cross functional team around a mission. You work extremely hard. You can articulate the “why” behind your decisions. You build things people want.
Most importantly, you are driven by a desire to create products that advance the patient experience in the healthcare space.
This roles reports into the SVP of Operations and Strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the Clinical, Marketing, Consumer Insights, Design, Tech, and Operations teams to build the highest quality, doctor recommended OTC products
- Build pipeline of OTC products with a lens towards innovation and fit within the Ro ecosystem
- Oversee all product development operational activities (e.g., process creation, formula and pricing decisions, forecasting and inventory with Ops team)
- Lead regular product review sessions with senior leadership
- Build a first class product development function and team at Ro that is consistently creating the top quality products patient’s want
What You Bring to the Team:
- 12+ years of product development experience in the consumer packaged goods (CPG), beauty, or OTC pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working across multiple product categories required
- Deep understanding of the process behind launching new OTC products, researching conditions, and private label production. This includes the regulatory environment, sales cycles, and commercial landscape
- Nielsen, IRI data and other pharmaceutical database knowledge required (Price Rx, FDA sites, etc.)
- Experience and strong relationships with domestic and international suppliers
- Experience developing and managing a product development team
- Incredible communication, written, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively influence at all levels both internally and externally
- Experience connector of insights, performance metrics, and market research to develop a high-level strategy for the team
- Has managed a team of product development leads across multiple product categories
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for building the future of healthcare, where patients are in control
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
Read Full Job Description