Senior Director Product Management (Catalog)
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is seeking a seasoned Product Leader to drive its burgeoning Data Catalog business. This leader will develop and execute strategy and investment, manage product roadmap and priorities, make product commitments on behalf of the company, and ultimately drive the P&L for the product. The Product Leader will manage and recruit a team of talented product manager resources that engage with Collibra’s global customer base and work closely with engineering to deliver outstanding, cloud-native product. Candidates should be self-starters, energetic, charismatic, and willing to get into the details where necessary, and have the proven ability to lead by influence and expertise.
A day in the life of a Senior Director, Product Management at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, Jim Cushman, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Develop the deep understanding required to be able to serve as an industry thought leader for Data Catalog
- Engage with sales and field teams with knowledge and resources on cataloging best-practices; serve as product executive on calls with current and prospective customers
- Establish strong rapport with customer executives and drive breadth and depth of adoption
- Build and maintain SWOT – be the disrupter; maintain full awareness of competition
- Recruit, hire, train, and empower team of highly talented product managers
- Ensure that pricing maximizes value for all stakeholders
- Communicate with absolute precision, leaving no room for misunderstanding the context of our direction and decisions
- Identify and champion key technology investments needed to build a sustainable & long-term competitive offering for existing or new product features and functions
- Leverage knowledge to evangelize and place strategic bets in the product investments
- Collaborate with Product Management, development managers, engineering team leads, and other product and user experience architects to evolve the product architecture, resolve key dependencies, mitigate risk, and ensure features are successfully brought through the feature lifecycle with outstanding quality while addressing business requirements and care for Collibra’s product design values (e.g., simplicity and usability)
- 10+ years of experience at enterprise software companies with focus on data and data management
- Experience with both cloud and on-premise solutions
- A proven history of hands-on experience in areas such as Services, Architecture, or Presales
- Ability to communicate with extreme effectiveness, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience required
- Experience and confidence in presenting to large and small groups of technical and non-technical people
- Proficiency in selling and product marketing/messaging
- Strong customer-first approach with ability to balance business needs versus customer requirements to deliver an optimized experience
- Knowledge of the Data Catalog space is a plus, but not mandatory
- Product design experience for cloud-scale enterprise software deployed globally and run 24x7 as a service
- Experience and/or willingness to lead a P&L
- A friendly and rapidly growing environment where your input will be valued and your growth fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally for team meetings, trainings, and conferences
- Flexible hours- quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches - never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- A brand new state of the art laptop
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package