Senior Manager, Product Analytics at Braze (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
As an experienced leader familiar with managing teams that dive into data, clean it, transform it, analyze it, visualize it, and use it to tell stories, you understand the importance of building high-performing teams. You have a perspective on how your managers lead their teams. You enjoy the challenge of building high-performing teams and you understand that what makes the team click is different for every group. The intersection of data and storytelling is one area where you shine. You're passionate about using data to tell compelling stories that engage all stakeholders in the business and help the company make better decisions.WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Analyze billions of mobile and digital messaging data points with state-of-the-art data platforms like Snowflake, DBT, and Looker.
- Develop career ladders and job descriptions, and manage compensation for the division.
- Create and document business and technical processes.
- Identify opportunities within Braze to partner with senior management on data projects.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of your people managers and their analysts.
- Work with key stakeholders you’re assigned from various departments to develop plans for new analyses and tools that will help them meet their goals.
- Vet new software tools and manage a procurement process.
- Uncover new opportunities for the team to make an impact within Braze.
- You are passionate about implementing a data-driven culture - and want it to happen
- 2+ years of management experience, inspiring and growing data teams at a digital platform, marketing technology, or another SaaS company
- Experience managing a team of 3+ people managers
- You have an in-depth understanding of Scalable Data Modeling
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, MicroStrategy, DataBricks)
- Experience leading agile teams
- Knowledge of advanced statistical analysis techniques
- Fast learner, self-starter, go-getter, and intellectually curious
- Can manage multiple projects while juggling various stakeholders
- Experience in building organizations and fostering a humane, inclusive culture
- Vast experience with scaling relational analytics
- Extensive experience in a modern data stack - Cloud Warehouses, DataLakes, Cloud BI tools, Analytics white-labeling and embedding
- Ability to influence VPs, Directors and other executive stakeholders to drive change and adoption
- Ability to explain complex data problems to five-year-olds
- Experience working with Customer Success, Product Marketing, or Product teams
- Experience in overseeing data engineering projects
- Machine learning production-level experience (KubeFlow preferred)
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $113,700 and $150,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $175,000 and $200,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.