Everyone at Policygenius, from our newest customer success associate hire to our CEO, believes that the design process is our primary tool for empathy, problem-solving, and innovation. In fact, our product and design teams focus nearly exclusively on our discovery efforts; learning more about our customers, and designing experiments to validate our assumptions. To be successful, we’ve built a balanced team that aims to deeply understand how our real, human customers think about their financial security.
Why Growth Design?
Our entire design team focuses on product thinking and empathy, but it’s the Growth team that’s responsible for customer success, engagement, and retention. Partnering with cross-functional teams, Growth designers for our products ship quick, focused experiments to find new business opportunities and to solve our customers’ problems in unique ways. They’re metrics-minded and understand which behaviors to look for to measure impact while shaping a tremendous user experience that helps our customers make their most critical decisions easier.
Reporting to our VP, Growth Design, the Senior Manager will oversee design strategy and output for our largest products: Life, Home, and Auto, as well as venture activities that explore how these verticals should tie together, crafting a compelling experience for their customers. The Senior Manager will call the Life product, our flagship business, ‘home’, directly identifying problems and delivering solutions that propel the product forward.
- Partner with your product management, engineering, and data peers within our Life product to identify and prioritize key customer problems, their solutions, and the path to making them a reality.
- Manage designers at various stages in their careers and coach and mentor them through their progression.
- Connect the dots across our various customer journeys to produce a simple, multi-threaded experience.
- Operate with a multi-track focus, identifying optimizations that impact the business today and build a foundation for tomorrow’s experiences.
- Be actively involved in recruiting activities to grow your direct team with top talent and the product design team on the whole.
- Guide and contribute to the growth product roadmap across our largest businesses.
- Continually leverage both quant and qual data to inform and validate your hypotheses.
- Provide the customer’s voice through the entire product lifecycle, advocating for their needs.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaborative activities that align your teams’ understanding of problem sets and goals and their solutions.
- Leverage your experience to be a vocal voice in our growing design culture.
- Shape and contribute to our ongoing design systems development and processes.
- Develop meaningful artifacts that articulate your thoughts and concepts via the means which best communicate them.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You’ve spent 7+ years crafting engaging user experiences through a customer’s full lifecycle and at least 2 years managing designers.
- Your experience has seen you lead design across multiple product teams.
- You enjoy shaping the career path and trajectory of the designers you manage.
- You love sharing your knowledge with others to help them grow.
- You relish finding the quickest way possible to learn your customers’ behaviors and needs.
- You appreciate those tough strategic conversations as much as you enjoy crafting solutions from their outcomes.
- You understand the pain of crafting and iterating to find the most simple solution possible but relish it.
- You are excited to dive into an industry fraught with regulations but wide open for innovation.
- You love to deliver your ideas with an “answer first” approach.
- You are passionate about shaping design culture and both create and roll out processes that help teams design more with less waste.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!