Senior Manager for Research and Efficacy
Register at Newsela and ask yourself if you would have enjoyed this product when you were growing up. If the answer is yes, then come be a part of the solution to the most urgent academic need in this country.
Our mission is to unlock the written word for everyone. We are endlessly fascinated by what causes so many words to be locked for so many readers. And we’re motivated by the dire state of literacy in this country and across the world. While these words remain locked, millions of people are effectively excluded from the most meaningful and empowering conversations in their lives.
You spend your waking hours musing on the best ways to measure and evaluate what works for teaching and learning. You wonder how instructional strategies, demographics, socioeconomic status and other factors impact the classroom relationships that drive better outcomes for students. You read the latest journals to keep up with debates on literacy skill development amongst native English speakers, English Language Learners, students with special needs. You ask yourself what the best methods are for incorporating technology into the classroom, where it fits best and where it overreaches - and how you would test and validate new approaches. You’re at once skeptical and optimistic about the role of technology to support learning. You have your research-based theories and you’re ready to build and test new models. Newsela should be your new home!
- Own the vision and roadmap for how Newsela demonstrates its efficacy.
- Initiate and lead relationships with external research partners and schools in order to further the research and efficacy agenda.
- Lead the design and execution of research studies following best practices for quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Lead efforts to inform product development teams of the latest in ongoing research into effective pedagogy and learning science
- Collaborate with the sales and community teams to implement new studies.
- Lead evaluation of product usage data to develop recommendations for classroom implementation.
- Collaborate with our community and marketing teams to develop data-driven success stories into webinars, blog posts, email campaigns and other forms of teacher-directed outreach.
- Represent Newsela at premier academic and instructional conferences in order to stay abreast of the latest developments in research and pedagogy.
The Ideal Candidate
- Master’s Degree in relevant field, plus at least 5 years of relevant industry research experience.
- Success in leading or co-authoring successful grant applications
- Experience in a key role on a high-performing research team
- K-12 classroom teaching experience a plus
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating effectively with co-workers from diverse groups of technical and non-technical people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Readiness to contribute to the culture and technology of a growing company.
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.