Senior Manager, Retail & Incubation at DoorDash
DoorDash Drive is our company’s hyper-growth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers and retailers across the United States and Canada.
The Senior Manager, Retail & Incubation will help steer the company’s effort to adopt and partner with retailers and retail technology partners at all levels of the sector.
The last-mile delivery market for e-commerce is projected to expand rapidly in the next five years, and DoorDash is making meaningful strides to become a leader in this sector.
What You’ll Do
- Steer the development, adoption and scaling of new verticals and business opportunities in Retail & Incubation
- Alongside the General Manager, Retail steer research efforts into the financial and operational drivers of businesses in the retail sector and for new verticals & capabilities
- Work with business development to contribute to pitch decks and sales content to help generate new business opportunities
- Develop long term business plans alongside our Retail partners for their omnichannel customer strategies
- Execute product testing and roll-outs on the ground with Retail team members
- Collaborate with stakeholders across DoorDash to align companywide resources to help build-out our partners’ digital businesses
- Self-starter; someone who can manage and execute projects to completion
- First class communication skills
- Maintain a careful balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- Has a strong bias for action
- Represents the DoorDash brand with humility and a customer-first mindset
- Collaborates effectively with cross-functional team members across the organization
- Displays a high degree of ownership for their projects and fellow team members
- Can be humble and scrappy to service our partners on tight timelines, as needed
- 4-8 years of cross-functional operational experience
- Experience in a complex or high-growth environment required (Prior investment banking, consulting or equity research experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters Degree a plus
- Business Development and Partnerships experience a plus
- Strong data retrieval, analytics and presentation skills required
- We are leaders: Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers: We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners: We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed: Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash: The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- Benefits: We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.