Senior Policy Manager, Content Classification
Location: New York City
Reporting Relationship: VP of Product Management
DoubleVerify is the recognized market innovator with the technology and tools that accurately authenticate the quality of digital media and drive ad performance for the world's largest brands. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
DoubleVerify is seeking a Senior Policy Manager for its Content Classification team to direct the company’s approach to questionable content classification, including our approach to fake news, hate speech, and content that includes violence and disasters. Candidates should have knowledge of Internet policy issues and expertise in media regulatory issues and/or law. They should also have excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Develop policy strategy and policy positions on classification of questionable and sensitive content.
- Articulate our positions on these policy issues in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings.
- Understand public opinions and advertiser perspectives: create policies that match these perspectives and adjust policies whenever necessary.
- Guide web classification analysts in applying the policy in content labeling.
- Guide linguists and data scientists when creating classification models.
- 3-4 years of experience in media regulatory issues: Content policy, regulation of user generated content, or media policy.
- Experience in or working with the technology industry.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with web content trends.
- Interest in and passion for policy and content classification.
- Familiarity with national or international policy proposals or frameworks for addressing. harmful content online.
- Familiarity with internet policy issues.