Senior Product Analyst at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a Senior Product Analyst (people manager) to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our engagement products, focussed on Connected Fitness (Bike & Tread product lines) user experience. The Senior Product Analyst will work with Product Managers to better understand how users are interacting with Peloton products and to inform and evaluate new products, features, and experiences developed by the Product Team.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develop a holistic and profound understanding of the Connected Fitness products’ user personas and usage patterns (from software feature usage to workout content preferences) via analysing product interaction data
- Partner with product managers, product analysts, as well as user researchers and business/brand strategists on research & development efforts related to software and hardware improvements
- Collaborate with engineering, field quality, and member support teams on defining actionable metrics addressing the quality of user experience and establishing ongoing reporting thereof
- Build and grow an analytics team ‘pod’ tasked with ensuring consistent and comprehensive analytics and research coverage across all Connected Fitness product lines, which includes: maintaining sufficient analysis capacity, designing and maintaining regular engagement and quality reporting, as well as close monitoring of the tracking instrumentation quality.
- Work in a lean and agile way, focusing on stakeholder desired outcomes over granular tasks and continuously assessing tradeoffs between precision and actionability
- Have 4+ years of overall experience in an analytics capacity with a focus on problem solving and providing actionable insights, as well as 2+ years - with a product/UX analysis focus
- Have 1+ years of experience managing junior team members and are interested in continuing on in a people leadership capacity.
- Are confident and hands-on when it comes to data wrangling skills: can use SQL for data extraction (including complex joins, CTE, query optimization), manipulate data in Python (e.g. pandas, numpy), and reliably apply fundamental techniques of supervised and unsupervised machine learning (e.g. scikit-learn)
- Are familiar with product analytics and data collection SaaS tools such as Segment, Amplitude, Mixpanel, Pendo, Optimizely, Fullstory etc.
- Know statistical concepts used in exploratory data analysis and have a strong understanding of experiment assessment and statistical inference methods
- Have a deep understanding of Product Management frameworks and how product usage data can play into decision making at various stages of product/feature development, as well as into roadmapping, prioritization, and OKR setting processes
- Have a passion for data storytelling via decks and dashboards and a proven ability to efficiently relay your insights to non-technical audiences and senior leadership
- Work well collaboratively, both in a cross-functional context - with user researchers, designers, engineers - and as a part of joint research projects with Product Analytics teammates
- Manage with a growth mindset: you empower your direct reports vs. prescribing specific tasks, and are good at providing actionable feedback.
- Have demonstrated ability to prioritize and delegate in a way that optimizes for the team’s and the company’s success while maintaining a healthy work-life harmony for yourself and your team members
AS A BONUS:
- Previous experience working on a product analytics team for a B2C software or software+hardware product
- Experience with software quality and performance SaaS tools (e.g. DataDog, New Relic, Bugsnag etc.)
- Understanding of adjacent quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques (e.g. usability testing, concept testing, market sizing etc.)
- Strong interest in fitness tech space
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike, Tread, Digital and TV App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.