Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
Sr. Product Design Engineer
We're looking for a strong Sr. Product Design Engineer to help us continue to push the boundaries of what is possible. You’ll help define the product experience across all of Ocrolus’s digital products, partnering with external and internal users, product management, UX Design/Research team, and engineering to make sure we continue to lead and innovate by solving tomorrow's UX and UI problems today. This is a role for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. You’ll help by progressing the Ocrolus customer experience and you’ll also inspire and elevate the team by producing work that is always raising the bar by taking a design thinking, and humans in the loop first approach to solving problems. Your work will allow our customers to feel delighted every time they use our product.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design
- Develop product ideas based on customer audience interests
- Identify customer problems and create functional prototypes offering a solution
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs
- Participate in user research and testing
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways
- Help maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business goals into unique product experiences
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in fast-paced creative environments
- Convey design ideas via sketches, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups, prototypes, or animations
- A skilled storyteller and ‘conceptor’ with experience working in a multidisciplinary environment to develop concepts that delight customers and deliver business results
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker
- Strong information presentation (visual and written) skills
- Experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and Figma, etc
- Thorough understanding of JIRA and Agile processes and environments
- Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Communication, collaboration and teamwork
- Problem-solving and Adaptability skills
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS
- Design portfolio that demonstrates problem solving for digital experiences and good branding aesthetics
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.