- You’ll work closely with your Cross-functional peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our creators as they move across different platforms and tasks and play a key role in designing processes and guidelines.
- In partnership with Product and Engineering, you will identify user research needs, competitor products and trends, and best practices through investigative research and usability tests that take our product to the next level as an industry leader.
- As a member of the Design team, you will have an opportunity to work on a high functioning, collaborative design team to meet evolving requirements of good design across our product.
- You will actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture.
- You’ll also play an important role in helping our deliverables adhere to high design standards, presenting, articulating, and defending recommendations.
- You will run project timelines, and communicate updates to company leaders across functions.
- Be a driving force for our P.E.O.P.L.E. Principles, tearing down x-functional chasms.
Who you are:
- You have 4-5+ years of experience working in-house in product design, executing on a variety of projects in a team environment.
- You love design -- the process, conversation, big ideas, mediums, tools, and possibilities -- and are guided by an insatiable curiosity and the desire to create great experiences.
- You can think and work in systems, identifying ideas and threads that tie experiences together, and know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You understand the people at the center of our brand and prioritize their experience over all else, and know how to sell design and advocate for great design practices on a company level to a variety of stakeholders.
- You are a collaborative team player who’s also capable of working independently. You have led others to solve complex problems with broad impact on the business, and are able to mentor more junior designers.
- You are active in the design community and network with others in and outside of the company. You’ve used your background and skills to shape the design process and move a design organization forward in some way. You have been responsible for programs and initiatives that contributed to building design culture in the org: design critiques, teaching design, building design process etc.
- You have helped others on their team maintain design system consistency/principles and adhere to design values & design best practices.
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Checkout flows
- Tracking and accounting of earnings, including affiliate earnings, both internally and customer-facing
- Integrations to 3rd party providers—for what it’s worth, we use Stripe, Paypal, and Vertex a lot
- Experience with complex financial systems, including flow of funds (ACH, debit, PayPal, internationalization and currency conversion, etc.)
- Account setup and onboarding for financial products, including "know your customer"