Senior Product Designer
Blink Health is a healthcare technology company on a mission to change the way Americans access the vital medications they need. Our proprietary platform and supply chain allow us to offer everyone - whether they have insurance or not - the lowest prices on over 15,000 medications. When combined with telemedicine and home delivery, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become.
We are a highly-collaborative team of curious and passionate individuals dedicated to inventing new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. We're assembling the experienced and talented team to get this done.
About the role:
As a Senior Product Designer on Blink’s consumer product team you’ll be involved in every step of the product development journey from big picture design thinking and ideation to pixel pushing and engineering handoff. You will be responsible for understanding our users and the problems they face, and designing solutions that fundamentally improve patients’ lives by offering a simple, more affordable way to stay healthy.
You will collaborate with design-oriented engineers, product managers and an incredible team of designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. You’ll make magic by crafting and shipping delightful experiences for Blink’s patient population.
You are a UI/UX designer with experience applying design thinking methodologies to solve user and business problems within a product organization.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., communication design, HCI, product design) or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in user interface design or a related field
- A portfolio demonstrating leadership of end-to-end UX/UI design initiatives, from ideation and strategy to shipping and iterating on software applications
- Experience leading user research and user testing initiatives
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile design patterns (and when to break them)
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with industry standard UI design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, Zeplin).
- Experience designing for products in the e-commerce and/or healthcare space
- Experience designing for web and native apps
- Demonstrated experience being flexible and easily adapting within a fast moving, constantly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to nurture good working relationships with others
If you join Blink, you will:
- Contribute to UX vision and strategy, generating buy-in and operationalizing the strategy across larger teams and timelines.
- Raise the bar for product quality across our products by advocating for user-centered product roadmaps, investments in last-mile refinement and polish, and insights driven by user research.
- Learn from our (current and future) patients, providers, colleagues, and others in our ecosystem about healthcare in America and the opportunities Blink has to improve it.
- Communicate and collaborate across all functions at Blink to build our shared understanding of what we’re doing and why.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first.
It's our ambition that everyone at Blink is doing the best work of their lives.
Your professional development is paramount. Not only will you have the opportunity to learn alongside some of the best in the business, but we also host a multitude of structured in-office learning opportunities: extensive onboarding, Brown Bags, Women's leadership classes, deep dives on health care issues, Book Club, and our Blink Thinks series with external guests. We have a number of personalized programs --- including weekly check-ins with your manager and Blink Individualized Growth (aka B.I.G.) Plans ---- to ensure you are always growing.
In addition to the satisfaction of working for a mission-driven company, we offer a competitive salary, fully-sponsored healthcare, stock options, communal breakfast and lunch every day, Blink-sponsored clubs, monthly events, happy hours, and more.