ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
TheSkimm is dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter lives. We're changing the way our 7 million community members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. TheSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and we’ve helped more than 400,000 people to take action with us in the 2020 elections.
theSkimm’s design team is a group of fast-moving, innovative creators who thrive on building beautiful experiences Skimm’rs love. As a member of the design team, you’ll envision and create impactful product experiences to educate, inform, and inspire our community.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will weave typography, illustrations, photography, color and space into an elegant experience. You’ll work closely with brand editorial, and marketing to deliver novel and memorable experiences. We can’t wait to see you in action.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Concept and design beautiful and engaging web and email experiences
- Partner closely with brand, marketing, editorial, and business stakeholders
- Represent the user and ensure UX integrity while balancing business needs
- Run design reviews, brainstorming and collaboration sessions
- Foster a collaborative process with teams across the organization
- Work with the entire design team to evolve the design system, understanding the value of design patterns and helping to build and maintain a cohesive visual language
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of product design experience
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of design craft
- Give feedback with kindness and candor
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills
- Proficient in Figma and prototyping tools
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Ability to refine other people’s ideas and push the best concept forward
- Keen interest in elevating theSkimm’s products and bringing new offerings to life
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
Please include a link to an online or PDF portfolio with your application.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.
Apply for this Job
First Name *