Senior Product Leader, Video Intelligence
JW Player is looking for a creative, driven, and forward-thinking product manager with 5+ years of experience and excellent interpersonal skills to help lead the development and enhancement of Video Intelligence products within the JW Platform.
You will work with a team of engineers, data scientists, designers, and QA to drive our product vision and strategy for new and existing functionality while setting our vision for our ever-expanding suite of Intelligence products.
The ideal candidate is or has been a product manager with experience in data, analytics, machine learning, video technology, and is well-versed in creating user-facing web applications with amazing user experience and design. We’re looking for someone who’s created products that are delivered at scale and have worked with customers to solve their unique needs.
Our ownership culture allows you to manage your own timelines while you innovate and manage our products as part of the fastest growing tech industry out there--the online video data space. You will interact with more than a million customers—ranging from small scale to enterprise level-- gather their feedback and ensure that the next generation of video technology addresses their needs.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with engineering to drive technical projects while providing leadership and mentorship to a talented team of Product Managers and Analysts in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Set and manage KPIs for product growth to help attain company goals
- Provide sales, support & API documentation for internal (marketing, sales) and external (customers, developers) consumers
- Define and execute the product roadmap for our suite of data products, including reporting, analytics, search, and recommendations.
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, to gather and prioritize product/feature requirements and deliver product functionality
- Act as Product Owner and Product Manager in an Agile product development process
- Collaborate with others; Product Managers, UX/UI Designers and Engineering teams to deliver product functionality
- Serve as technical liaison to the Support Team and respond to high priority debugging and customer questions
- Review and write functional specifications to communicate and guide product development
- Integrate and analyze product usage to continually optimize performance and user experience
- Work closely with delivery and platform teams to maintain and optimize the fastest video playback experience everywhere
- Technical background with a B.S or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with the agile product process from the Product Manager point of view
- Product management or related work experience in data-driven web services (e.g. video analytics, asset management, CRM).
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts like collaborative filtering, deep learning and natural language processing.
- Motivated, self starter with a consistent track record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adapt to a changing environment and collaborate with a diverse group of people.
- Hands-on coding experience with machine learning tools and/or (no)SQL databases.
- Knowledge of big data processing concepts like streaming pipelines, map/reduce jobs, and non-relational databases.
- Proven technical writing skills.
About JW Player
JW Player is the world’s largest network-independent video platform. Founded in 2008 as the first open source video player, today JW Player’s customers span the globe across 193 countries, and range from Fortune 500 companies to video-centric small businesses. The company’s flagship product, JW Player, delivers millions of plays per month across nearly 2 billion unique devices — OTT, mobile and desktop. In addition to the player, the company’s services include advertising, analytics, data services, video hosting and streaming. For more information, see http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.