Senior Product Manager (A/B Testing) at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubub is looking to bring our rigorous testing and security platform to the next level by building a large scale platform in-house, as well as shore up our security efforts. As product technologist you collaborate closely with fellow members of the Product, Engineering, Data Science and Business teams to conceptualize, design and develop groundbreaking foundational platforms across our core digital products and services. You are an integral part of how we work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary customer-centered product. The Product Manager will help drive these projects forward and own the strategy and implementation. They will articulate design feasibility within existing systems and innovation paths. The ideal candidate will be an excellent project manager and communicator, passionate about software and product improvements, comfortable in a fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and motivated to build a world-class framework for testing and security.
The Impact You Will Make
- Collaborate with engineering and data science to architect, build and maintain an a/b testing platform for all of product and engineering to run experimentation through which provides scalable support plus comprehensive and actionable data insights
- Consult with business stakeholders on appropriate experimental design to answer important questions and ensure new features/initiatives are being tested rigorously
- Security is a complex issue that requires continuous surveillance and maintenance as threats evolve over time
- Create a strategy and set the standard across the organization for account security policies that minimize risk of malicious access attempts while at the same time minimize friction for our users
- Collaborate across other product verticals, business stakeholders to understand and evangelize the use of the testing platform and incorporate their requirements
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and scale, without sacrificing quality
- Establish key performance indicator measurement and monitoring across the a/b testing platform and security initiative and to be able to communicate status, health, and quality metrics to stakeholders
What You Bring to the Table
- B.S. or similar in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development in technical leadership, product management, technical project management or similar roles within an Agile environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to develop product requirements and partner with engineering, product, data science and design to deliver them
- Secure deep understanding of the data and APIs, technical arc and how it represents and is used by the business; identify gaps where they exist and communicate them
- Proven track record of taking ownership and of driving outcomes in a fast paced matrix environment; history of successfully delivering large scale projects in high-quality, managing the entire life-cycle
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically; equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating and communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.