Senior Product Manager, Android at Major League Baseball
The MLBAM Platform Product Team is currently seeking an experienced Product Manager with proven leadership in delivering top-of-the-line consumer applications for Android. The position will be focused on the official MLB app, the award-winning official application of Major League Baseball.
- Gather business requirements from across the organization and create detailed technical requirements ready for development
- Work with key stakeholders to prioritize requirements from competing business interests and build consensus
- Serve as the product stakeholder in Agile sprint planning, manage feature roadmaps and review application builds to ensure on-time delivery and overall product quality
- Effectively support the product design, engineering and QA teams throughout sprint cycles by proactively removing roadblocks
- Build and manage relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including product owners, ad operations, sponsorship sales, commerce, external vendors and executives
- Define key performance indicators for product features and actively analyze data and customer feedback
- Keep a pulse on the sports media industry, including best practices and trends to create best-in-class products
- At least four years of experience as a product owner supporting one or more consumer-facing products
- Proven experience in owning projects through to completion, from requirements gathering through rollout and training
- Self-starter who is energetic & enthusiastic, confident, adaptable & customer-oriented
- Experience producing wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and user interaction diagrams
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies including such as scrum or kanban
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, environment with rapidly shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication, leadership, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a cross-functional team
- Fortitude to remain calm and react appropriately in high-pressure situations
Highly Qualified Applicants will have:
- A love of baseball, and a firm comprehension of its history, rules, and culture
- Experience using JIRA and Wiki-based documentation tools
- An eye for visual design, and basic Photoshop skills
- Familiarity with mobile interface design on Android and web platforms with proficiency in Google’s Material Design specification
- A rich understanding of app ecosystems and related technologies such as REST API’s, Push Notification Services, oAuth, HLS, JSON, XML
This is a unique opportunity to work on award-winning apps used globally by millions of sports fans. This role will be a part of a team working with the latest technologies on iOS and Android, constantly seeking unique solutions to new problems. If you are interested in being at the forefront of mobile technology, at a company known for innovation, and are passionate about delivering engaging content to passionate fans, this is a great opportunity to do just that.
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the “Major Leagues” of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!