Senior Product Manager, Community at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
DigitalOcean has one of the world’s largest developer community sites, and amazing content and dev tools are added every single day. Our team with support from our community create, manage, and grow all of the content and communities that make up the DigitalOcean experience. DigitalOcean’s community site inspires and empowers millions of people across the globe each month, and we are seeking a product leader who can inspire even more of our users to learn from and contribute valuable content to our Community site experience.
The PM for our Community site will be responsible for driving users (both new & longtime customers) to lean in and contribute to the Community experience on DigitalOcean. This leader will help the team to balance investments in product changes that drive new and existing users to engage with the content, engage & reward more users to post and comment, and ultimately spark quality conversation across our community.
This particular role requires a highly empathetic and collaborative product leader with strong developer relations instincts, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of shipping great products. Ideally, you’ve had experience working on other platforms that educate their community. You’ll work closely with content, digital experience, and analytics to create one of the best developer experiences across the internet. This role is going to help shape the future of DigitalOcean.What you’ll be doing.
- Define the vision and strategy for the features & tools that our Community site uses on DigitalOcean
- Collaborate with our content and digital experience teams to launch new capabilities that delight users and help our overall community create quality content
- Work with our analytics and user research teams to craft insights into the behaviors and needs of our Community, and translate those insights into hypotheses, tests and features that ultimately lead to an evolving & improved product experience
- Seek to understand the competitive environment and maintain global awareness of unique user experiences specifically in regards to the developer education and relations
- Work with various cross functional teams (Revenue Marketing, Content and Communications) to drive adoption and usage of the features you ship
- Dedication to keeping content and the community at the center of your product and design decisions made to improve the overall experience for Community on DO
- You have proven experience building product roadmaps, defining experiments and working collaboratively with design and engineering peers
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the minutiae
- You know how to define team goals and success metrics, and ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with DigitalOcean’s wider business objectives
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal
- You are deeply familiar with the developer education and relations space
- You have at least 4+ years of product management experience
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!