Senior Product Manager - Customer Management
Innovation, collaboration, and success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up and the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other and celebrating our wins together. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers and business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
The Product Department builds financial products and user experiences that users would rave about. We build external products that our end customer -Small Business Owners use to create financial leverage for their business. We also build internal products that our team members in Marketing, Sales and Operations use to provide services to Small Business Owners. Our job starts with identifying user needs, exploring the feasibility of solutions to those needs, and evaluating the business case viability of the preferred solution. We then work with different departments to build and launch the solution. But our job does not end there, because once we launch a product, we need to continuously monitor and improve it. A good product manager is very user-centered, analytical and technologically savvy. Our product management philosophy centers around test-and-learn, design thinking and agile. Above all, a good product manager is business savvy, and knows what it takes to win in the market.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Management, your best work will result in building out capabilities for our loan servicing platform to unlock ground breaking features and products for Small Business Owners.
As a Senior Product Manager at OnDeck on the Customer Management Team, you will:
- Take a lead role in building OnDeck’s foundational next generational servicing platform that will turbo charge our ability to roll out new products and experiences.
- Manage and execute on the roadmap for an evolving set of features from inception through roll out maintaining the right balance between customer and company benefits.
- Work closely with technology to see features through end to end; from identifying scope and writing requirements, conducting UAT to releasing features and monitoring impact.
- Drive key decisions on the product construct of OnDeck’s current and future financial products.
- Drive key decisions on OnDeck’s customer management ecosystem.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to make data- and end-user-driven decisions around areas of opportunity and how to take advantage of them.
- Work closely with a diverse set of partners across Technology, Risk, Finance, Client Servicing, Legal and other Product Managers.
- Define KPIs to continuously monitor and improve the platform and value it unlocks for the organization.
Qualifications to make it happen:
- 5+ years of Product Management (or similar) experience.
- Strong technical background and demonstrated success collaborating deeply with cross functional technology teams to deliver technology products.
- Experience working in agile development environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships to gain buy in and achieve business results.
- Experience working cross functionally across multiple stakeholders, technologists, data scientists and senior management.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Data-driven approach to understanding user behavior and discovering and evaluating product opportunities (Basic SQL and Excel skills to access and analyze data and build business cases).
- Experience working with financial/lending products.
- Experience working with vendors and remote stakeholders/teams.
- Experience working on large technical products and technology migrations.
- Experience working on core banking systems and migrations.
- FinTech experience.
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, it’s We Before Me. We support each other and we love seeing people succeed. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy and Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave and Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups and Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**