Senior Product Manager, Data and Personalization at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things and actually talk.
Millions of people turn to Meetup to empower their personal growth through real human connection. We are passionately working toward a world where people can turn to each other to improve their lives, a vision that has never felt more important or necessary than it does today.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to help write the next chapter for the world's largest network of local communities. You’ll be working together with our exceptional team of data scientists, engineers and designers to build the foundation that powers personalized recommendations and community discovery for our members. You’ll play a pivotal role in identifying user needs and translating them into the latest data science techniques and methodologies to help members navigate Meetup’s extensive marketplace of events and communities and develop more meaningful relationships on our platform.
We believe that data is our unique growth lever that can drive explosive growth on and off the Meetup platform and foster deeper engagement within our members. You should have a solid reputation for building great products that have a big impact, as well as a proven track record of user-focused execution at tech companies.
What we’re looking for:
For this role, we’re looking for someone to own and be responsible for defining the product vision and strategy for personalization across the platform. You’ll be focusing on developing and analyzing behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create a shared vision of how organizers and members interact on the Meetup platform.
You are an innovator who understands how to drive concepts from requirements to implementation to measurement and rollout. You should have a passion for making data-driven product decisions supported by both metrics and user research and have a track record of successfully collaborating with multiple cross-functional stakeholders as well as product managers, engineers, and designers. Your ultimate goal is to build a high quality, personalized experience that drives engagement from our members.
What you’ll do:
- Craft a bold product vision, strategy, and roadmap for all aspects of data and personalization across the Meetup platform
- Understand and prioritize foundational needs across use cases and short- and long-term horizons and communicate a compelling, data-driven narrative
- Conduct research, both qualitative and quantitative, to understand how our current user experience is falling short, identify products surfaces that are prime for personalization and partner with data and engineering teams to operationalize them in production systems
- Define and operationalize product metrics that link personalization to business goals and leverage those metrics to inform the personalization product strategy
- Collaborate with our product, design, data, and engineering teams to coordinate and/or lead the delivery of ambitious cross-team/company-wide product initiatives from kick-off to release
- Coordinate forward-looking product & design work to ensure that data services are available in time to meet product needs
- Partner with engineering leads and product managers to nail project execution and delivery by managing dependencies and plans across teams and technologies
- Define, sequence, prioritize and execute the roadmap for the Data Products team
You're our ideal teammate if:
- You want to help change a company and position one of the Internet's great brands for explosive growth
- You’ve previously developed and established a data product vision in alignment with a company’s growth plan
- You've held a senior product role (in-house) at a consumer tech or e-commerce company
- You're obsessed with measuring the impact of everything you ship
- You collaborate successfully with data scientists, engineers, and designers
- You think strategically but you also love getting your hands dirty
- You have a high-level understanding of some of the underlying data and personalization technologies, including search, machine learning, and NLP
- You're up on all the latest trends in data and personalization technologies to ensure that Meetup is leveraging the correct tools to address the needs of our users, customers and members
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?