Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
As the Senior Product Manager for Data Science on the Veeva Data Cloud team, you will own the design and execution for major components of our Projected Data Products.
You are excited about the productization of Data Science and building statistics at scale that can run with quality across billions of records, delivering data sets directly to customers. You’ll work on the productization of statistical models and approaches, such as sample curation, projection methodologies, anomaly detection, scaling approaches, clustering, and more. This also will include designing features, writing detailed product specifications, and working with the Data Scientists, Analytics, Product Managers and Developers to bring designs to fruition.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited about product design from the ground up and working to solve complex problems to deliver reliable and accurate projected data to customers.
What You'll Do
- Own and design data focused product features start to finish, including user stories, specifications, quality control checks, and data dictionaries
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to find meaning in high volumes of data using statistical analysis in an approach that can be productized at scale
- Author high-quality design specifications within an agile methodology
- Support release and sprint planning to ensure product enhancements support customers at the right time and the right sequence
- Collaborate closely with a team of Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineering to design and deliver capabilities from prototype to scale, then iterate and enhance
- 6+ years of hands-on Product Management or related experience, including experience with enterprise data products
- Experience working on statistical driven data products, such as productizing models
- Experience and focus on the elements critical to supporting data science driven products - reliable inbound data, managing data gaps and variation, data cleansing, and data quality
- Experience implementing statistical models or machine learning algorithms and scaling to “productize” with production-ready insights
- Comfortable with SQL and/or Python
- Comfortable (and excited!) about ambiguity, breaking goals down into tangible and actionable workplans, and able to adapt quickly to the evolving requirements of new products
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across internal teams
- B.S. or M.S. in Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning or other quantitative discipline
Nice to Have
- Experience with prescription claims data
Perks & Benefits
- Conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- Snacks, beverages, and weekly lunches from local restaurants
- Team events and rec league sports teams
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Weekly yoga classes
- Ping pong and other games
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]