Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking a collaborative and analytical Senior Product Manager to help build our central technical Services team. This team is responsible for simplifying and centralizing the complexities of managing data which we originally ingest from third-parties, but ultimately need to update and own for members, so that we can provide better member care, robust data signals and analysis, accurate financial analysis, and better informed market decisions.
This role will report into our Head of Data Platform and Product and be responsible for sprint over sprint prioritization and measurement with a dedicated team of 4-8 software engineers (growing). This person will also be responsible for execution of annual and quarterly strategy as defined with the team and the product org. This role is deeply collaborative, and demands close connection to and relationships with our CPO, CTO and leaders across the technical team.
To start, this role will be accountable for ensuring the data signals that our data science and machine learning teams are producing can be productionized in a highly available manner to our front-end product engineering teams.
Requirements for the Role:
- This is an mid-level role for product discipline, requiring experience in product management, and proven strong foundations such as:
- demonstrated influence with diverse stakeholders, and technology teams.
- excellent communication, story telling, and question asking.
- fluency with analytical tools like Looker or Tableau (bonus points for SQL too) and confidence working closely with technical teams.
- Confidence discussing and navigating topics of architectural design, data model structures, and cloud infrastructure tooling.
- Experience working in startup environments, and a resilience to frequent change and fast growth.
- A curiosity about everything, and ability to knit together insights from different sources, to identify root problems and opportunities.
- A proactive attitude and fierce run-through-walls commitment to getting things done.
How We Define Success:
- On a springily basis support agile meetings and prioritization for a team of engineers, pulling in shared infra, feature, and bug tickets - going deep on details to make sure things are well scoped and ready before getting to engineering.
- Measure impact of everything we build, report on that impact, and model using data to make decisions.
- Support quarterly planning processes, and coordination with stakeholders to make sure we know about and are working on the highest impact work we can each sprint
- Support crafting and sending product release newsletters, and iterating on effective release processes for technology teams, innovating around training, and overall making our team processes better
- Engage in an experimentation mindset - helping our markets test their hypotheses, and understand what's working.
- Delighting stakeholders teams, your engineers, and your users with thoughtful root problem solving, and tactical prioritization.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.