Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to, financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor regular catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also regularly host company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
Our Senior Product Manager, Data will be playing a key role in contributing to the strategy, product direction, and overall prioritization process of building data driven consumer products with a focus on engagement and retention. You will be collaborating with fast-paced, cross functional teams responsible for creating & delivering impactful products to both the small business owner and Fundera. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
As our Sr. Product Manager, Data, You’ll Get to...
- Partner with senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to help define and implement a company level data strategy that covers information architecture, defining the data dictionary and data tools/services that power a data driven Fundera experience.
- Understand and foster a culture of data excellence that surfaces the strategic and competitive value of data at Fundera.
- Own the full product lifecycle from ideation, technical development and launch of internal and external-facing data products (customer recommendations).
- Own data product vision, roadmap and backlog with a clear understanding and articulation of impact and value for Fundera in the near and far term.
- Drive product development with the Data Engineering team.
- Collaborate and lead discussions and brainstorming sessions with cross-functional teams including, but not limited to, engineering, sales, and operations.
We’re Looking for People Who Have...
- 6+ years of product management experience working on data driven B2B/C platforms and technology at established technology companies.
- A proven track record of successfully shipping data products and platforms through conception, ideation, execution and launch.
- A proven relationship building and ability to effectively influence peers and management.
- Familiarity with databases and large data sets (reporting Looker and SQL a plus).
- The ability to drill into performance and learnings (either wins or losses) for products that were shipped and talk about it at both macro and micro level
- A product development methodology or framework in assessing and building product.
- The ability to apply a framework to testing and research that includes defining product hypotheses measurement and with an approach to tie in qualitative user research and data-driven approaches.
- Effectively managed engineering, design, and stakeholders to prioritize and ship.
- General operations knowledge, good judgment on what is meaningful to drive results.
- A strong sense of ownership and self starter mentality.
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the relative experience, apply and let's start the conversation.
DISCLAIMER: Fundera does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. Fundera is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except pursuant to written agreements with Fundera and authorization access granted on a per job basis through the use of Fundera’s agency portal link.