Senior Product Manager, Decision Making at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life.
We know that people don’t buy mortgages; they get mortgages to solve some crucial need in their lives: buying a new home, saving money or getting much needed cash on hand. With a litany of financing options and ever changing rates, it can be difficult for borrowers to discern what loan configurations are available to them and what the resulting implications are. We want to give borrowers the transparency and understanding they need to confidently make the best possible funding decisions for themselves and their families.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Homeowner Experience team, you will work closely with amazingly talented engineers, designers, and data scientists to imagine, build, and deploy digital self-service tools, educational experiences, and personalized workflows for our borrowers. This role will be crucial in democratizing the tools to help borrowers make informed decisions, thereby fostering borrower confidence at each decision point of the lending process and perfecting the core experience of fulfilling a home loan or refinance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build out new features to help borrowers contextualize the value of different refinance and loan configurations
- Build out self-service tools to educate borrowers on all funding options and their implications
- Remove confusion and create transparency during fulfillment, therefore decreasing initial processing to fund time and increasing lock to fund rate
- Simplify the mortgage process to reduce friction
- Educate homeowners on expectations and help homeowners understand what’s required of them to continue progressing the loan file, therefore decreasing initial processing time, returned tasks, and homeowner anxiety
- Reassure homeowners of the progress being made on their loan file, therefore decreasing inbound communication and increasing NPS
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities with consistency and transparency, while successfully knowing which projects and components of the roadmap to tackle first
- You’ve worked for 6-8 years in a consumer focused product management role at a technology-driven organization
- You are customer obsessed, and are always looking for ways to improve the service design
- You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- You’re committed to collaboration and are able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly
- You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty and are equally comfortable balancing tactical and strategic investments
- You challenge archaic processes to make them better for consumers by removing friction (aka you live to make complex things simple)
- You are comfortable in an ever-changing environment and have a passion for successfully navigating ambiguous problem areas
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and have a proven track record of building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Bonus: You have deep subject matter expertise in the FinTech industry
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.